Financial Institutions Buying Newmont Mining’s Stock in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Newmont Mining Corp. (NYSE:NEM).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Newmont Mining Corp. in Q3 2011:
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,414,451 shares, worth $151,989,690.
- PERKINS INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,059,608 shares, worth $66,702,324.
- HABER TRILIX ADVISORS, LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 633,650 shares, worth $39,888,268.
- MD SASS INVESTORS SERVICES INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 556,100 shares, worth $35,006,495.
- STEADFAST CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 523,900 shares, worth $32,979,505.
About the company: Newmont Mining Corporation acquires, explores, and develops mineral properties. The Company produces gold from operations in the United States, Australia, Peru, Indonesia, Ghana, Canada, New Zealand and Mexico. Newmont also mines and processes copper in Indonesia.
Competitors to Watch: Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. (NYSE:FCX), Goldcorp Inc. (NYSE:GG), AngloGold Ashanti Ltd. (NYSE:AU), Kinross Gold Corp. (NYSE:KGC). Royal Gold, Inc. (NASDAQ:RGLD), Barrick Gold Corporation (NYSE:ABX), Allied Nevada Gold Corp. (AMEX:ANV), Vista Gold Corp. (AMEX:VGZ), Paramount Gold and Silver Corp. (AMEX:PZG), Midway Gold Corp. (AMEX:MDW), Newmont Mining Corporation (NYSE:NEM), Jaguar Mining Inc. (NYSE:JAG), ishares Gold Trust (NYSE:GLD) and Gold Reserve Inc. (AMEX:GRZ).
(Note: Data regarding Newmont Mining Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>