Financial Institutions Buying Shares of TD AMERITRADE in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of TD AMERITRADE Holding Corporation (NASDAQ:AMTD).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of TD AMERITRADE Holding Corporation in Q3 2011:
- SUTTONBROOK CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,859,923 shares, worth $27,266,471.
- ALYESKA INVESTMENT GROUP, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 950,000 shares, worth $13,927,000.
- SIGMA CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 450,000 shares, worth $6,597,000.
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 439,702 shares, worth $6,446,031.
- ADAGE CAPITAL PARTNERS GP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 400,000 shares, worth $5,864,000.
About the company: TD Ameritrade Holding Corporation provides online brokerage services. The Company, through its private client and institutional client divisions, provides tiered levels of brokerage products and services tailored to meet the varying investing, trading, and execution needs of self-directed individual investors, financial institutions, and corporations.
Competitors to Watch: The Charles Schwab Corp. (NYSE:SCHW), E TRADE Financial Corp. (NASDAQ:ETFC), optionsXpress Hldgs., Inc. (NASDAQ:OXPS), TradeStation Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:TRAD), Raymond James Financial, Inc. (NYSE:RJF), Interactive Brokers Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:IBKR), Citigroup (NYSE:C), Investors Capital Hldgs. Ltd (AMEX:ICH), Bank of America Corp. (NYSE:BAC), and Oppenheimer Hldgs. Inc. (NYSE:OPY).
(Note: Data regarding TD AMERITRADE Holding Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>