Financial Institutions Buying Unum Group’s Stock in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Unum Group (NYSE:UNM).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Unum Group in Q3 2011:
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,586,490 shares, worth $33,110,046.
- BRC INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 596,248 shares, worth $12,443,696.
- TEACHERS RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF THE STATE OF KENTUCKY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 333,825 shares, worth $6,966,928.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 201,417 shares, worth $4,203,573.
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 192,933 shares, worth $4,026,512.
About the company: Unum Group provides group disability and special risk insurance. The Company provides disability insurance, group life insurance, and payroll-deducted voluntary benefits offered to employees at their worksites.
Competitors to Watch: Principal Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE:PFG), AFLAC Incorporated (NYSE:AFL), CNO Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE:CNO), CIGNA Corporation (NYSE:CI), WellPoint, Inc. (NYSE:WLP), American Independence Corp. (NASDAQ:AMIC), Universal American Corp. (NYSE:UAM), Humana Inc. (NYSE:HUM), Triple-S Management Corp. (NYSE:GTS), and HealthMarkets, Inc. (NYSE:UCI).
(Note: Data regarding Unum Group’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>