Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Visa, Inc. (NYSE:V).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Visa, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- MORGAN STANLEY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 6,177,950 shares, worth $528,338,284.
- MONTAG & CALDWELL LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,786,571 shares, worth $238,307,552.
- RCM CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,751,594 shares, worth $235,316,319.
- BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,291,708 shares, worth $195,986,868.
- LONE PINE CAPITAL LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,272,192 shares, worth $194,317,860.
About the company: Visa Inc. operates a retail electronic payments network and manages global financial services. The Company also offers global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
Competitors to Watch: MasterCard Incorporated (NYSE:MA), Fidelity National Information Services (NYSE:FIS), American Express Company (NYSE:AXP), Discover Financial Services (NYSE:DFS), Green Dot Corporation (NYSE:GDOT), NetSpend Holdings Inc (NASDAQ:NTSP), CompuCredit Holdings Corp (NASDAQ:CCRT), Alliance Data Systems Corp. (NYSE:ADS), Fiserv, Inc. (NASDAQ:FISV), Citigroup (NYSE:C), Bank of America (NYSE:BAC), JP Morgan Chase (NYSE:JPM) and MoneyGram Intl., Inc. (NYSE:MGI).
(Note: Data regarding Visa, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>