Financial Institutions Cashing Hospira’s Stock in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Hospira Inc. (NYSE:HSP).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Hospira Inc. in Q3 2011:
- PINEBRIDGE INVESTMENTS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 841,202 shares, worth $47,662,505. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- VAUGHAN NELSON INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 790,975 shares, worth $44,816,644. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ETON PARK CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 750,000 shares, worth $42,495,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- FRONTIER CAPITAL MANAGEMENT CO LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 663,630 shares, worth $37,601,276. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EXPO CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 500,000 shares, worth $28,330,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Hospira, Inc. is a global specialty pharmaceutical and medication delivery company. The Company’s product portfolio includes generic acute-care and oncology injectables, as well as integrated infusion therapy and medication management systems.
Competitors to Watch: Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (NASDAQ:TEVA), Mylan Inc. (NASDAQ:MYL), Akorn, Inc. (NASDAQ:AKRX), Novartis AG (NYSE:NVS), Baxter International Inc. (NYSE:BAX), Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE:WPI), Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE), DURECT Corporation (NASDAQ:DRRX), ICU Medical, Incorporated (NASDAQ:ICUI), and Allergan, Inc. (NYSE:AGN).
(Note: Data regarding Hospira Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>