Wall St. Watchdog reveals information on some large cap Transportation companies whose shares are at least 25% owned by institutions:
- Union Pacific Corporation (NYSE:UNP): Institutional investors own 83.74% of this company’s shares. The shares recently traded at $92.78 and its market capitalization is $45,284,870,000.00. About the company: Union Pacific Corporation is a rail transportation company. The Company’s railroad hauls a variety of goods, including agricultural, automotive, and chemical products. Union Pacific offersslong-haul routes from all major West Coast and Gulf Coast ports to eastern gateways as well as connects with Canada’s rail systems and serves the major gateways to Mexico.
- Canadian National Railway (NYSE:USA) (NYSE:CNI): Institutional investors own 77.28% of this company’s shares. The shares recently traded at $71.70 and its market capitalization is $32,349,429,004.47. About the company: Canadian National Railway Company operates a network of track in Canada and the United States. The Company transports forest products, grain and grain products, coal, sulfur, and fertilizers, intermodal, and automotive products. Canadian National operates a fleet of locomotives and railcars.
- FedEx Corporation (NYSE:FDX): Institutional investors own 77.18% of this company’s shares. The shares recently traded at $82.10 and its market capitalization is $26,027,920,000.00. About the company: FedEx Corp. delivers packages and freight to multiple countries and territories throught an integrated global network. The Company provides worldwide express delivery, ground small-parcel delivery, less-than-truckload freight delivery, supply chain management services, customs brokerage services, and trade facilitation and electronic commerce solutions.
- CSX Corporation (NYSE:CSX): Institutional investors own 74.71% of this company’s shares. The shares recently traded at $22.03 and its market capitalization is $24,129,050,000.00. About the company: CSX Corporation is an international freight transportation company. The Company provides rail, intermodal, domestic container-shipping, barging, and contract logistics services around the world. CSX’s rail transportation services are provided principally throughout the eastern United States.
- Norfolk Southern Corp. (NYSE:NSC): Institutional investors own 71.10% of this company’s shares. The shares recently traded at $68.86 and its market capitalization is $23,947,690,000.00. About the company: Norfolk Southern Corporation provides rail transportation services. The Company transports raw materials, intermediate products, and finished goods primarily in the Southeast, East, and Midwest and, via interchange with rail carriers, to and from the rest of the United States. Norfolk Southern also transports overseas freight through several Atlantic and Gulf Coast ports.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced by screener.co. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>