Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of BB & T Corp. (NYSE:BBT).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of BB & T Corp. in Q3 2011:
- CAPITAL WORLD INVESTORS: On 06/30/2011, held 3,515,000 shares, worth $93,112,350. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ALYESKA INVESTMENT GROUP, L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 2,583,978 shares, worth $68,449,577. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- HORSEMAN CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 550,000 shares, worth $14,569,500. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- DUPONT CAPITAL MANAGEMENT CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 422,339 shares, worth $11,187,760. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- VAUGHAN DAVID INVESTMENTS INC/IL: On 06/30/2011, held 415,700 shares, worth $11,011,893. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: BB&T Corporation operates banking offices in the Carolinas, Georgia, Virginia, Maryland, West Virginia, Kentucky, Alabama, Indiana, Washington D.C., Florida and Tennessee. The Company and its subsidiaries offer full-service commercial and retail banking, as well as insurance, retail brokerage, corporate finance, international banking, leasing, and trust services.
Competitors to Watch: JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM), Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC), SunTrust Banks, Inc. (NYSE:STI), PNC Financial Services (NYSE:PNC), Pinnacle Financial Partners (NASDAQ:PNFP), Regions Financial Corp. (NYSE:RF), Bank of America Corp. (NYSE:BAC), Citigroup (NYSE:C), First Horizon National Corp. (NYSE:FHN), First Security Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:FSGI), and First Citizens BancShares Inc. (NASDAQ:FCNCA).
(Note: Data regarding BB & T Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>