Financial Institutions Selling Shares of Arch Coal in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Arch Coal Inc. (NYSE:ACI).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Arch Coal Inc. in Q3 2011:
- MAGNETAR FINANCIAL LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,768,234 shares, worth $46,522,237. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- RENAISSANCE TECHNOLOGIES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,541,200 shares, worth $40,548,972. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MACKENZIE FINANCIAL CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 1,058,000 shares, worth $27,835,980. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- LAZARD ASSET MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 895,601 shares, worth $23,563,262. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- FEDERATED INVESTORS INC /PA/: On 06/30/2011, held 713,997 shares, worth $18,785,261. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Arch Coal, Inc. mines, processes, and markets low sulfur coal from surface, underground, and auger mines located in the western United States and in the central Appalachian region. The Company markets its coal primarily to electric utilities.
Competitors to Watch: Peabody Energy Corporation (NYSE:BTU), CONSOL Energy Inc. (NYSE:CNX), Patriot Coal Corporation (NYSE:PCX), Massey Energy Company (NYSE:MEE), Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. (NYSE:ANR), Alliance Holdings GP, L.P. (NASDAQ:AHGP), Intl. Coal Group, Inc. (NYSE:ICO), James River Coal Company (NASDAQ:JRCC), Natural Resource Partners LP (NYSE:NRP), and Alliance Resource Partners, L.P. (NASDAQ:ARLP).
(Note: Data regarding Arch Coal Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>