Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Spartan Stores Inc. (NASDAQ:SPTN).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Spartan Stores Inc. in Q3 2011:
- ARONSON & JOHNSON & ORTIZ, LP: On 06/30/2011, held 266,100 shares, worth $5,157,018. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 180,000 shares, worth $3,488,400. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- WESTWOOD MANAGEMENT CORP /TX: On 06/30/2011, held 132,919 shares, worth $2,575,970. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- TFS CAPITAL LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 98,259 shares, worth $1,904,259. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- HABER TRILIX ADVISORS, LP: On 06/30/2011, held 85,900 shares, worth $1,664,742. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Spartan Stores, Inc. provides food wholesale and retail distribution services. The Company operates a chain of grocery stores in Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio.
Competitors to Watch: Nash-Finch Company (NASDAQ:NAFC), SYSCO Corporation (NYSE:SYY), United Natural Foods, Inc. (NASDAQ:UNFI), AMCON Distributing Co. (AMEX:DIT), Synergy Brands, Inc. (SYBR), Core-Mark Holding Co., Inc. (NASDAQ:CORE), SUPERVALU INC. (NYSE:SVU), G. Willi-Food Intl. Ltd. (NASDAQ:WILC), The Kroger Co. (NYSE:KR), and Weis Markets, Inc. (NYSE:WMK).
(Note: Data regarding Spartan Stores Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>