Financial Sector Review: Winning and Losing Stocks
Gainers (% price change)
- Value Line, Inc. (NASDAQ:VALU): The shares closed at $11.91, up $0.42, or 3.66%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $118.40 million. About the company: Value Line, Inc. produces investment related periodical publications. The Company also provides investment advisory services to mutual funds, institutions, and individual clients. Publications include “The Value Line Investment Survey,” “Value Line Select,” “The Value Line Mutual Fund Survey,” and “The Value Line No-Load Fund Advisor.”
- Central Gold-Trust (AMEX:GTU): The shares closed at $65.45, up $1.62, or 2.54%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $1.09 billion. About the company: Central Gold Trust is a passive, single purpose, self-governing trust established in Canada. The Trust invests substantially all of its assets in gold bullion, with the primary investment objective of achieving long-term appreciation in the value of its gold holdings.
- First Federal Bancshares (NASDAQ:FFBH): The shares closed at $5.67, up $0.12, or 2.16%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $109.45 million. About the company: First Federal Bancshares of Arkansas, Inc. is a holding company for First Federal Bank of Arkansas, FA. The Bank attracts deposits from the general public and uses those funds to originate a variety of loans. First Federal Bank operates in northcentral and northwest Arkansas.
- SPDR Gold Trust (NYSE:GLD): The shares closed at $160.96, up $2.9, or 1.83%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $68.09 billion. About the company: SPDR Gold Trust is an investment fund incorporated in the USA. The investment objective of the Trust is for the Shares to reflect the performance of the price of gold bullion, less the Trust’s expenses. The Trust holds gold and is expected from time to time to issue Baskets in exchange for deposits of gold and to distribute gold in connection with redemptions of Baskets.
- BlackRock MuniYield (NYSE:MPA): The shares closed at $14.77, up $0.24, or 1.65%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $169.65 million. About the company: BlackRock MuniYield Pennsylvania Quality Fund is a non-diversified, closed-end management investment company incorporated in the USA. The Fund’s objective is to provide a high level of current income exempt from Federal and Pennsylvania income taxes. The Fund invests primarily in a portfolio of long-term municipal obligations.
Losers (% price change)
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>