Financial Sector Review: Winning and Losing Stocks
Gainers (% price change)
- MBIA Inc. (NYSE:MBI): The shares closed at $7.88, up $0.85, or 12.09%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $1.55 billion. About the company: MBIA Inc. provides financial guarantee insurance and other forms of credit protection. The Company also offers investment management services to public finance and structured finance issuers, investors and capital market participants.
- Diamond Hill Investment (NASDAQ:DHIL): The shares closed at $73.63, up $7.59, or 11.5%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $221.17 million. About the company: Diamond Hill Investment Group provides investment management services to corporations, public entities, Taft-Hartley plans, endowments, foundations, and high-net-worth individuals and families.
- Hampton Roads Bankshares (NASDAQ:HMPR): The shares closed at $5.19, up $0.45, or 9.49%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $179.37 million. About the company: Hampton Roads Bankshares, Inc. is the holding company for Bank of Hampton Roads. The Bank is involved in a general community and commercial banking business, targeting the needs of individuals and small to medium sized businesses. Bank of Hampton Roads operates various branches which serve Chesapeake, Suffolk, Norfolk, and Virginia Beach, all located in Virginia.
- Sun Bancorp, Inc. /NJ (NASDAQ:SNBC): The shares closed at $2.61, up $0.22, or 9.21%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $216.84 million. About the company: Sun Bancorp, Inc. is the holding company for Sun National Bank and Sun National Bank, Delaware. The Banks offer a wide variety of commercial and consumer lending and deposit services through branches located throughout southern and central New Jersey, New Castle County, Delaware, and in Philadelphia.
- PIMCO Global StocksPLUS (NYSE:PGP): The shares closed at $17.80, up $1.36, or 8.27%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $179.63 million. About the company: PIMCO Global StocksPLUS & Income Fund is a non-diversified, closed-end management investment company incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks a total return comprised of current income, current gains and long-term capital appreciation. The Fund invests in equity derivative instruments relating to US and non-US markets, backed by actively-managed, low duration debt portfolios.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>