Gainers (% price change)
- Lincoln National Corp. (NYSE:LNC): The shares closed at $19.78, up $1.5, or 8.21%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $6.10 billion. About the company: Lincoln National Corporation owns and operates wealth accumulation and protection businesses. The Company sells a wide range of products including institutional and/or retail fixed and indexed annuities, variable annuities, universal life insurance, variable universal life insurance, term life insurance, mutual funds, and managed accounts.
- Molina Healthcare, Inc. (NYSE:MOH): The shares closed at $16.82, up $1.22, or 7.82%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $774.81 million. About the company: Molina Healthcare Inc. is a managed care organization. The Company arranges for the delivery of health care services to persons eligible for Medicaid and other programs for low-income families and individuals. Molina Healthcare has health plans in California, Washington, Utah, and Michigan, as well as primary care clinics located in Northern and Southern California.
- ING Groep N.V. (NYSE:ING): The shares closed at $7.19, up $0.51, or 7.63%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $27.21 billion. About the company: ING Groep N.V. offers financial services to individuals, corporations, and other institutions. The Company offers corporate, investment, and private banking services, asset and portfolio management, treasury services, and insurance. ING Groep has offices throughout the world.
- Deutsche Bank AG (NYSE:DB): The shares closed at $35.34, up $2.5, or 7.61%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $32.19 billion. About the company: Deutsche Bank AG is a global financial service provider delivering commercial, investment, private and retail banking. The Bank offers debt, foreign exchange, derivatives, commodities, money markets, repo and securitization, cash equities, research, equity prime services, loans, convertibles, advice on M&A and IPO’s, trade finance, retail banking, asset management and corporate investments.
- First Midwest Bancorp (NASDAQ:FMBI): The shares closed at $8.66, up $0.61, or 7.58%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $644.97 million. About the company: First Midwest Bancorp, Inc. is the holding company for First Midwest Bank. The Bank provides a full range of both business and retail banking and trust and investment management services through offices primarily located in northeastern Illinois.
Losers (% price change)
- IMPAC Mortgage Hldgs (AMEX:IMH): The shares closed at $2.01, down $1.01, or 33.44%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $152.96 million. About the company: Impac Mortgage Holdings, Inc. is a mortgage real estate investment trust that invests primarily in non-conforming residential mortgage loans and securities backed by such loans. The Company also purchases and sells and securitizes primarily non-conforming mortgage loans. In addition, Impac provides warehouse and repurchase financing to originators of mortgage loans.
- UBS AG (NYSE:UBS): The shares closed at $11.41, down $1.27, or 10.02%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $42.99 billion. About the company: UBS AG is a wealth management, investment banking, and asset management firm. The Company provides a variety of financial services to individuals, institutions, corporations, governments, and financial intermediaries around the world.
- Helios High Yield Fund (NYSE:HHY): The shares closed at $24.94, down $2.74, or 9.9%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $170.23 million. About the company: Helios High Yield Fund is a non-diversified, closed-end management investment company incorporated in the USA. The Fund’s objective is high current income, as well as capital growth. The Fund invests at least 65% of its total assets in high-yield bonds, debentures, notes, corporate loans and other debt instruments rated below investment-grade or unrated.
- Shinhan Financial Group (NYSE:SHG): The shares closed at $70.65, down $2.93, or 3.98%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $16.75 billion. About the company: Shinhan Financial Group Co., Ltd., a holding company, provides a full range of consumer and commercial banking-related financial services. The company’s main businesses include banking, securities brokerage, trust banking, and assets management to individuals, businesses, and other financial institutions.
- First Bancorp (NASDAQ:FBNC): The shares closed at $9.86, down $0.29, or 2.86%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $166.41 million. About the company: First Bancorp is the holding company for First Bank and two nonbank subsidiaries. The Bank provides demand and time deposits, loans, discount brokerage services, and self-directed individual retirement accounts to individuals and businesses in North Carolina. The Company also provides electronic data processing services and owns and operates real estate.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>