Financial Sector Review: Winning and Losing Stocks
Gainers (% price change)
- Crawford & Company (NYSE:CRD.B): The shares closed at $6.72, up $0.39, or 6.16%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $361.27 million.
- Woori Finance Hldgs. Co (NYSE:WF): The shares closed at $26.92, up $1.41, or 5.55%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $7.23 billion. About the company: Woori Finance Holdings Co., Ltd. is a holding company of Woori Bank, Kwangju Bank, Kyongnam Bank, and Woori Credit Card. The Company manages and controls its financial subsidiaries.
- Banco Macro SA (NYSE:BMA): The shares closed at $23.63, up $1.23, or 5.49%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $1.40 billion. About the company: Banco Macro SA attracts deposits and offers retail and commercial banking services. The Bank offers Visa and Amex credit cards, consumer loans, insurance, and other financial services. Bansud operates in Argentina and in the Bahamas through its subsidiary Sun Bank & Trust.
- State Auto Financial (NASDAQ:STFC): The shares closed at $12.97, up $0.67, or 5.45%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $522.35 million. About the company: State Auto Financial Corporation is a regional property and casualty insurance holding company. The Company provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, commercial multi-peril, workers’ compensation, and fire insurance. State Auto markets its products through independent agents primarily in the Midwestern and Eastern United States.
- U.S. Global Investors (NASDAQ:GROW): The shares closed at $7.38, up $0.36, or 5.13%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $113.86 million. About the company: U.S. Global Investors, Inc. is a registered investment adviser. The Company serves as investment adviser, investment manager, and transfer agent to U.S. Global Investors Funds and U.S. Global Accolade Funds, which are no-load mutual funds that invest in a wide range of investment options.
Losers (% price change)
- IMPAC Mortgage Hldgs (AMEX:IMH): The shares closed at $2.02, down $1, or 33.11%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $153.72 million. About the company: Impac Mortgage Holdings, Inc. is a mortgage real estate investment trust that invests primarily in non-conforming residential mortgage loans and securities backed by such loans. The Company also purchases and sells and securitizes primarily non-conforming mortgage loans. In addition, Impac provides warehouse and repurchase financing to originators of mortgage loans.
- Helios High Yield Fund (NYSE:HHY): The shares closed at $24.81, down $2.87, or 10.37%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $169.34 million. About the company: Helios High Yield Fund is a non-diversified, closed-end management investment company incorporated in the USA. The Fund’s objective is high current income, as well as capital growth. The Fund invests at least 65% of its total assets in high-yield bonds, debentures, notes, corporate loans and other debt instruments rated below investment-grade or unrated.
- MarketAxess Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ:MKTX): The shares closed at $27.65, down $1.88, or 6.37%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $1.05 billion. About the company: MarketAxess Holdings, Inc. operates an electronic, multi-dealer to client platform for U.S. and European high-grade corporate and emerging markets bond trading. The Company’s technology delivers price discovery and trade execution services to institutional and broker-dealer clients.
- iShares FTSE NAREIT Ind (NYSE:FNIO): The shares closed at $20.41, down $1.29, or 5.94%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $1.70 billion.
- First Federal Bancshares (NASDAQ:FFBH): The shares closed at $5.59, down $0.33, or 5.57%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $107.90 million. About the company: First Federal Bancshares of Arkansas, Inc. is a holding company for First Federal Bank of Arkansas, FA. The Bank attracts deposits from the general public and uses those funds to originate a variety of loans. First Federal Bank operates in northcentral and northwest Arkansas.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>