Gainers (% price change)
- Deutsche Bank AG (NYSE:DB): The shares closed at $35.15, up $3.81, or 12.16%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $32.02 billion. About the company: Deutsche Bank AG is a global financial service provider delivering commercial, investment, private and retail banking. The Bank offers debt, foreign exchange, derivatives, commodities, money markets, repo and securitization, cash equities, research, equity prime services, loans, convertibles, advice on M&A and IPO’s, trade finance, retail banking, asset management and corporate investments.
- ING Groep N.V. (NYSE:ING): The shares closed at $6.88, up $0.67, or 10.79%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $26.03 billion. About the company: ING Groep N.V. offers financial services to individuals, corporations, and other institutions. The Company offers corporate, investment, and private banking services, asset and portfolio management, treasury services, and insurance. ING Groep has offices throughout the world.
- Barclays PLC (NYSE:BCS): The shares closed at $10.00, up $0.92, or 10.13%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $30.48 billion. About the company: Barclays PLC offers commercial and investment banking, insurance, financial, asset management and related services. The Company’s banking subsidiaries operates branches in the United Kingdom and overseas.
- Wilshire Bancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ:WIBC): The shares closed at $2.62, up $0.2, or 8.26%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $186.78 million. About the company: Wilshire Bancorp, Inc. is the holding company of Wilshire State Bank, which serves businesses and consumers in Los Angeles and Orange Counties in California and also has loan offices in Northern California, Washington, Oklahoma, Nevada and Texas. The Bank specializes in making Small Business Administration and other loans to minority-owned businesses.
- Huntington Bancshares Inc (NASDAQ:HBAN): The shares closed at $4.98, up $0.38, or 8.26%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $4.30 billion. About the company: Huntington Bancshares Incorporated is a multi-state bank holding company. The Company’s subsidiaries provide full-service commercial and consumer banking services, mortgage banking services, automobile financing, equipment leasing, investment management, trust services, brokerage services, customized insurance service programs, and other financial products and services.
Losers (% price change)
- IMPAC Mortgage Hldgs (AMEX:IMH): The shares closed at $2.00, down $1.02, or 33.77%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $152.20 million. About the company: Impac Mortgage Holdings, Inc. is a mortgage real estate investment trust that invests primarily in non-conforming residential mortgage loans and securities backed by such loans. The Company also purchases and sells and securitizes primarily non-conforming mortgage loans. In addition, Impac provides warehouse and repurchase financing to originators of mortgage loans.
- American Strategic Income (NYSE:CSP): The shares closed at $6.74, down $0.44, or 6.13%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $143.94 million. About the company: American Strategic Income III Fund is a diversified, closed-end management investment company incorporated in the USA. The Trust’s objective is a high level of current income. Capital appreciation is a secondary objective. The Trust invests in mortgage related assets, asset-backed securities, US government securities, corporate debt securities and municipal obligations.
- Radian Group Inc. (NYSE:RDN): The shares closed at $2.11, down $0.1, or 4.52%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $281.08 million. About the company: Radian Group Inc. provides financial guarantee insurance. The Company’s products and services enable homebuyers to purchase homes more quickly and with smaller down payments, protect lenders against loan default, and lower the costs of mortgage origination and servicing. Radian also provides insurance and reinsurance to investors in corporate, municipal, and asset-backed securities.
- PIMCO Corporate Income (NYSE:PCN): The shares closed at $13.93, down $0.43, or 2.99%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $522.67 million. About the company: PIMCO Corporate Income Fund is a diversified, closed-end management investment company incorporated in the USA. The Fund’s objective is to seek high current income. The Fund invests at least 80% of its assets in a diversified portfolio of U.S. dollar-denominated corporate debt obligations of varying maturities and other income-producing securities.
- U.S. Global Investors (NASDAQ:GROW): The shares closed at $6.50, down $0.2, or 2.99%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $100.28 million. About the company: U.S. Global Investors, Inc. is a registered investment adviser. The Company serves as investment adviser, investment manager, and transfer agent to U.S. Global Investors Funds and U.S. Global Accolade Funds, which are no-load mutual funds that invest in a wide range of investment options.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>