Financial Sector Review: Winning and Losing Stocks on Oct 13th
Gainers (% price change)
- U.S. Global Investors (NASDAQ:GROW): The shares closed at $6.89, up $0.58, or 9.19%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $106.30 million. About the company: U.S. Global Investors, Inc. is a registered investment adviser. The Company serves as investment adviser, investment manager, and transfer agent to U.S. Global Investors Funds and U.S. Global Accolade Funds, which are no-load mutual funds that invest in a wide range of investment options.
- Investment Tech. Group (NYSE:ITG): The shares closed at $10.95, up $0.59, or 5.69%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $449.05 million. About the company: Investment Technology Group, Inc. offers securities trading services. The Company offers pre-trade analysis, trade execution, and post-trade evaluation services.
- Enterprise Bancorp, Inc (NASDAQ:EBTC): The shares closed at $14.77, up $0.79, or 5.65%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $139.18 million. About the company: Enterprise Bancorp Inc. is the holding company for Enterprise Bank and Trust Company. The Bank offers commercial and consumer loan and deposit products, investment management, trust and insurance services.
- Preferred Bank (NASDAQ:PFBC): The shares closed at $7.80, up $0.4, or 5.41%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $103.14 million. About the company: Preferred Bank is a full-service commercial bank that specializes in several specific market niches. The Bank serves middle market business, international market business, professionals, real estate financing, international private banking, merchant processing, and other niche markets. Preferred Bank serves clients through several offices located in California.
- TIB Financial Corp. (NASDAQ:TIBB): The shares closed at $9.79, up $0.49, or 5.27%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $120.91 million. About the company: TIB Financial Corp. is a holding company for TIB Bank of the Keys. The Bank conducts a general commercial banking business serving individuals, professionals, and business customers through offices located throughout the Florida Keys.
Losers (% price change)
- Lloyds TSB Group plc (ADR (NYSE:LYG): The shares closed at $2.13, down $0.13, or 5.75%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $36.64 billion. About the company: Lloyds Banking Group plc, through subsidiaries and associated companies, offers a range of banking and financial services. The Company provides retail banking, mortgages, pensions, asset management, insurance services, corporate banking, and treasury services.
- The Hanover Insurance (NYSE:THG): The shares closed at $34.18, down $2.05, or 5.66%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $1.55 billion. About the company: Hanover Insurance Group Inc offers property and casualty insurance products including personal lines, commercial lines and other property casualty through independent agents.
- Genworth Financial, Inc. (NYSE:GNW): The shares closed at $5.56, down $0.33, or 5.6%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $2.73 billion. About the company: Genworth Financial Inc. offers insurance, wealth management, investment and financial solutions The Company offers products that include life insurance products, long-term care insurance, and mortgage guarantee insurance coverage on residential mortgage loans. Genworth is active in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico and multiple European countries.
- Bank of America Corp (NYSE:BAC): The shares closed at $6.22, down $0.36, or 5.47%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $63.04 billion. About the company: Bank of America Corporation accepts deposits and offers banking, investing, asset management, and other financial and risk-management products and services. The Company has a mortgage lending subsidiary, and an investment banking and securities brokerage subsidiary.
- The Blackstone Group L.P. (NYSE:BX): The shares closed at $13.55, down $0.78, or 5.44%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $16.70 billion. About the company: The Blackstone Group LP is a global alternative asset manager and provider of financial advisory services. The firm’s asset management businesses include the management of corporate private equity funds, real estate funds, mezzanine funds, proprietary hedge funds and closed-end mutual funds. Blackstone also provides M&A and reorganization advisory, as well as private placement services.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>