Gainers (% price change)
- MGIC Investment Corp. (NYSE:MTG): The shares closed at $2.17, up $0.33, or 17.93%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $436.49 million. About the company: MGIC Investment Corporation, through its subsidiary, provides private mortgage insurance coverage in the United States. The Company’s customers include thrifts, mortgage bankers and brokers, commercial banks, credit unions, and other lending institutions. The Company also provides, through subsidiaries, underwriting and contract services related to home mortgage lending.
- Radian Group Inc. (NYSE:RDN): The shares closed at $2.33, up $0.25, or 12.02%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $310.38 million. About the company: Radian Group Inc. provides financial guarantee insurance. The Company’s products and services enable homebuyers to purchase homes more quickly and with smaller down payments, protect lenders against loan default, and lower the costs of mortgage origination and servicing. Radian also provides insurance and reinsurance to investors in corporate, municipal, and asset-backed securities.
- Prudential Public Ltd. Co (NYSE:PUK): The shares closed at $18.36, up $1.7, or 10.2%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $23.39 billion. About the company: Prudential plc is an international company which provides a wide assortment of insurance and investment products and services. Insurance products include life, accident and health, property and casualty insurance, as well as fixed and variable annuities. Financial and investment services include personal and group pensions, equity plans, mortgages and deposit accounts.
- Regions Financial Corp. (NYSE:RF): The shares closed at $3.66, up $0.33, or 9.91%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $4.61 billion. About the company: Regions Financial Corporation is a regional multi-bank holding company. The Company provides mortgage banking, credit life insurance, leasing, commercial accounts receivable factoring, specialty mortgage financing, and securities brokerage services. Regions provides banking services throughout the South, Midwest, and Eastern United States.
- Bank of America Corp (NYSE:BAC): The shares closed at $6.28, up $0.51, or 8.84%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $63.64 billion. About the company: Bank of America Corporation accepts deposits and offers banking, investing, asset management, and other financial and risk-management products and services. The Company has a mortgage lending subsidiary, and an investment banking and securities brokerage subsidiary.
Losers (% price change)
- First Community (NASDAQ:FCBC): The shares closed at $10.37, down $0.55, or 5.04%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $185.81 million. About the company: First Community Bancshares, Inc. is the holding company for First Community Bank, N.A. The Bank generates revenue primarily through commercial, real estate, and consumer lending within its respective market area. The Company also operates investment management and mortgage banking companies. First Community Bancshares operates in West Virginia, Virginia, and North Carolina.
- Hampton Roads Bankshares (NASDAQ:HMPR): The shares closed at $4.96, down $0.23, or 4.43%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $171.42 million. About the company: Hampton Roads Bankshares, Inc. is the holding company for Bank of Hampton Roads. The Bank is involved in a general community and commercial banking business, targeting the needs of individuals and small to medium sized businesses. Bank of Hampton Roads operates various branches which serve Chesapeake, Suffolk, Norfolk, and Virginia Beach, all located in Virginia.
- Nuveen Select Tax-Free (NYSE:NXP): The shares closed at $13.82, down $0.31, or 2.19%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $228.19 million. About the company: Nuveen Select Tax-Free Income Portfolio is a diversified, closed-end management investment company incorporated in the USA. The Fund’s objective seeks to provide stable dividends consistent with the preservation of capital exempt from regular federal and designated state income taxes. The Fund invests in a diversified portfolio of long-term, investment-grade municipals.
- Invesco Quality Muni Inv (NYSE:IQT): The shares closed at $12.86, down $0.27, or 2.06%, on the day. Its market capitalization is $178.31 million. About the company: Invesco Quality Municipal Investment is a diversified, closed-end management investment company incorporated in the USA. The Trust’s objective is to provide current income which is exempt from federal income tax. The Trust invests primarily in a diversified portfolio of municipal obligations which are rated in the three highest categories by a securities ratings agency.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>