First Solar: Exec Insider and Institutional Investors Selling Shares in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of First Solar, Inc. (NASDAQ:FSLR).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold First Solar, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Ahearn Michael J: act as Director. On 08/10/2011, sold 23,384 shares, worth $2,455,800.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of First Solar, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- CALAMOS ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 475,124 shares, worth $62,844,651. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MASSACHUSETTS FINANCIAL SERVICES CO /MA/: On 06/30/2011, held 408,445 shares, worth $54,025,020. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- OZ MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 378,092 shares, worth $50,010,229. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SENECA CAPITAL INVESTMENTS L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 206,000 shares, worth $27,247,620. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- JANUS CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 102,917 shares, worth $13,612,832. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: First Solar, Inc. designs and manufactures solar modules. The Company uses a thin film semiconductor technology to manufacture electricity-producing solar modules.
Competitors to Watch: SunPower Corporation (NASDAQ:SPWRA), Suntech Power Hldgs. Co., Ltd. (NYSE:STP), Trina Solar Limited (NYSE:TSL), General Electric Company (NYSE:GE), Yingli Green Energy Hold. Co. Ltd. (NYSE:YGE), MEMC Electronic Materials, Inc. (NYSE:WFR), Evergreen Solar, Inc. (NASDAQ:ESLR), Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. (NASDAQ:ENER), DayStar Technologies Inc. (NASDAQ:DSTI), and Ascent Solar Tech., Inc. (NASDAQ:ASTI).
(Note: Data regarding First Solar, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>