Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of First Solar, Inc. (NASDAQ:FSLR).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought First Solar, Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Widmar Mark R: act as CFO. On 08/24/2011, bought 1,000 shares, worth $91,800.
- Kallenbach T.l.: act as President, Components Bus Grp. On 08/22/2011, bought 1,000 shares, worth $88,800.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of First Solar, Inc. in Q3 2011:
- MASON CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 211,966 shares, worth $13,398,371.
- SAC CAPITAL ADVISORS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 194,600 shares, worth $12,300,666.
- TWO SIGMA INVESTMENTS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 174,040 shares, worth $11,001,068.
- RENAISSANCE TECHNOLOGIES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 169,300 shares, worth $10,701,453.
- SANDLER CAPITAL MANAGEMENT: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 150,000 shares, worth $9,481,500.
About the company: First Solar, Inc. designs and manufactures solar modules. The Company uses a thin film semiconductor technology to manufacture electricity-producing solar modules.
Competitors to Watch: SunPower Corporation (NASDAQ:SPWRA), Suntech Power Hldgs. Co., Ltd. (NYSE:STP), Trina Solar Limited (NYSE:TSL), General Electric Company (NYSE:GE), Yingli Green Energy Hold. Co. Ltd. (NYSE:YGE), MEMC Electronic Materials, Inc. (NYSE:WFR), Evergreen Solar, Inc. (NASDAQ:ESLR), Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. (NASDAQ:ENER), DayStar Technologies Inc. (NASDAQ:DSTI), and Ascent Solar Tech., Inc. (NASDAQ:ASTI).
(Note: Data regarding First Solar, Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>