Five Stocks Swinging the Markets Today
The Dow Jones (NYSE:DIA) is trading down over 70 points to 11,976, the S&P 500 (NYSE:SPY) is lower 9 points at 1,273 and the Nasdaq (NASDAQ:QQQ) is down 22 points to 2,663 on the 121st trading day of 2011, as these stocks hit our radar:
1) Oracle Corporation (NASDAQ:ORCL): Shares of Oracle Corporation are trading lower over 4% to $31.15 per share today. Over 44 million shares have traded hands. Shareholders are frazzled by the latest earnings release and are consequently taking profits. Oracle Corporation supplies software for enterprise information management. The Company offers databases and relational servers, application development and decision support tools, and enterprise business applications. Oracle’s software runs on network computers, personal digital assistants, set-top devices, PCs, workstations, minicomputers, mainframes, and massively parallel computers. Competitors to Watch: Intl. Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM), Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE:HPQ), Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT), SAP AG (NYSE:SAP), Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL), Red Hat, Inc. (NYSE:RHT), EMC Corporation (NYSE:EMC), CA, Inc. (NASDAQ:CA), and Adobe Systems Incorporated (NASDAQ:ADBE).
2) Micron Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ:MU): Shares of Micron Technology, Inc. are trading lower over 12% to $7.34 per share today. Over 74 million shares have traded hands today. The company under delivered on shareholder expectations as the stock is taking a beating today. Micron Technology, Inc., through its subsidiaries, manufactures and markets dynamic random access memory chips (DRAMs), very fast static random access memory chips (SRAMs), Flash Memory, other semiconductor components, and memory modules. Competitors to Watch: Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC), Spansion Inc. (NYSE:CODE), SanDisk Corporation (NASDAQ:SNDK), Integrated Silicon Solution, Inc. (NASDAQ:ISSI), SMART Modular Tech., Inc. (NASDAQ:SMOD), MoSys Inc. (NASDAQ:MOSY), LOGIC Devices Incorporated (NASDAQ:LOGC), Netlist, Inc. (NASDAQ:NLST), GSI Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ:GSIT), IBM (NYSE:IBM), Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT), AMD (NYSE:AMD), Texas Instruments (NYSE:TXN), Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL), Broadcom (NASDAQ:BRCM), NVIDIA Corp. (NASDAQ:NVDA) and Integrated Device Tech., Inc. (NASDAQ:IDTI).
3) Accenture Plc (NYSE:ACN): Shares of Accenture Plc are trading higher over 2% to $56.91 per share today. Over 5 million shares have traded hands. Consulting is back and the word on the street is more consultants are being hired by the day to advise new corporate strategy to Fortune 500 companies across the globe. First real signs of the hiring recovery coming soon? Accenture PLC provides management and technology consulting services and solutions. The Company delivers a range of specialized capabilities and solutions to clients across all industries on a worldwide basis. Accenture’s network of businesses provides consulting, technology, outsourcing, and alliances. Competitors to Watch: Intl. Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM), Oracle Corporation (NASDAQ:ORCL), Genpact Limited (NYSE:G), Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT), Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE:HPQ), Towers Watson & Co (NYSE:TW), Infosys Tech. Ltd. (NASDAQ:INFY), Wipro Limited (NYSE:WIT) and Ariba, Inc. (NASDAQ:ARBA).
4) Cisco Systems Inc (NASDAQ:CSCO): Shares of Cisco are trading lower over 2% to $15.10 per share today. Over 32 million shares have traded hands. Ralph Nader, a born again shareholder activist, is now challenging John Chambers to pay him, along with other shareholders, a one-time $1 special dividend for riding the rough wave down to new 52-week lows in 2011. Cisco Systems, Inc. supplies data networking products for the Internet. The Company’s Internet Protocol-based networking solutions are installed at corporations, public institutions and telecommunication companies worldwide. The Company’s solutions transport data, voice, and video within buildings, across campuses, and around the world. Competitors to Watch: Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE:HPQ), Juniper Networks, Inc. (NYSE:JNPR), Alcatel-Lucent (NYSE:ALU), Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT), Intl. Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM), Extreme Networks, Inc (NASDAQ:EXTR), Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC), Motorola Mobility Hldgs. Inc (NYSE:MMI), NetGear, Inc. (NASDAQ:NTGR), and ADTRAN, Inc. (NASDAQ:ADTN)
5) General Electric (NYSE:GE): Shares of General Electric are trading lower over 1% to $18.14 per share today. Over 25 million shares have traded hands.General Electric Company is a diversified technology, media and financial services company. The company announced a continuation on its green initiative in the amount of $63 million in 10 clean-energy start-up ventures. The Company offers products and services ranging from aircraft engines, power generation, and water processing technology to medical imaging, business and consumer financing, media content and industrial products. General Electric conducts operations globally. Competitors to Watch: Citigroup, Inc. (NYSE:C), 3M (NYSE:MMM), Hitachi (NYSE:HIT), United Technologies (NYSE:UTX), Honeywell (NYSE:HON), Agilent (NYSE:A), Danaher (NYSE:DHR), Textron (NYSE:TXT) OSI Systems (OSI), Koninklijke Philips Electronics NV (NYSE:PHG), and Siemens AG (NYSE:SI).
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter >>