Forest Oil: Funds Supporting Stock in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Forest Oil Corp. (NYSE:FST).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Forest Oil Corp. in Q3 2011:
- OWL CREEK ASSET MANAGEMENT L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 6,010,829 shares, worth $86,555,938.
- KENSICO CAPITAL MANAGEMENT CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 5,654,054 shares, worth $81,418,378.
- ARTISAN PARTNERS LIMITED PARTNERSHIP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 3,379,790 shares, worth $48,668,976.
- ALYESKA INVESTMENT GROUP L.P.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,732,854 shares, worth $24,953,098.
- COOPERMAN LEON G: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,628,800 shares, worth $23,454,720.
About the company: Forest Oil Corporation is involved in the acquisition, exploration, development, production, and marketing of natural gas and crude oil in North American and international locations. The Company’s principal reserves and producing properties are located in the United States, including Alaska, the Gulf of Mexico, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas, and Wyoming, and in Canada.
Competitors to Watch: EOG Resources, Inc. (NYSE:EOG), Anadarko Petroleum Corp. (NYSE:APC), GeoMet, Inc. (NASDAQ:GMET), Carrizo Oil & Gas, Inc. (NASDAQ:CRZO), Magellan Petroleum Corp. (NASDAQ:MPET), Devon Energy Corporation (NYSE:DVN), Quicksilver Resources Inc (NYSE:KWK), Gulfport Energy Corp. (NASDAQ:GPOR), Linn Energy, LLC (NASDAQ:LINE), and Approach Resources Inc. (NASDAQ:AREX).
(Note: Data regarding Forest Oil Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>