Forest Oil: Major Shareholders Cashing Stock in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Forest Oil Corp. (NYSE:FST).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Forest Oil Corp. in Q3 2011:
- JANA PARTNERS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 3,298,281 shares, worth $88,097,086. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ARTISAN PARTNERS HOLDINGS LP: On 06/30/2011, held 2,485,290 shares, worth $66,382,096. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- SOUND ENERGY PARTNERS INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 1,667,000 shares, worth $44,525,570. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- RIVER & MERCANTILE ASSET MANAGEMENT LLP: On 06/30/2011, held 730,667 shares, worth $19,516,116. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- RENAISSANCE TECHNOLOGIES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 677,595 shares, worth $18,098,562. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Forest Oil Corporation is involved in the acquisition, exploration, development, production, and marketing of natural gas and crude oil in North American and international locations. The Company’s principal reserves and producing properties are located in the United States, including Alaska, the Gulf of Mexico, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Texas, and Wyoming, and in Canada.
Competitors to Watch: EOG Resources, Inc. (NYSE:EOG), Anadarko Petroleum Corp. (NYSE:APC), GeoMet, Inc. (NASDAQ:GMET), Carrizo Oil & Gas, Inc. (NASDAQ:CRZO), Magellan Petroleum Corp. (NASDAQ:MPET), Devon Energy Corporation (NYSE:DVN), Quicksilver Resources Inc (NYSE:KWK), Gulfport Energy Corp. (NASDAQ:GPOR), Linn Energy, LLC (NASDAQ:LINE), and Approach Resources Inc. (NASDAQ:AREX).
(Note: Data regarding Forest Oil Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>