Former Goldman Sachs Partner Eric Mindich: Eton Park Capital’s Top Stocks
Following is information on Eton Park Capital Management’s top 10 holdings as of the end of the first quarter of 2011. Note that the following only pertains to the fund’s common equity holdings, and excludes any warrants, notes, options, or other convertible securities described in its 13F filing.
- Viacom Inc. (NYSE:VIAB): Eton Park Capital Management held 15,050,000 shares valued at $700,126,000 on March 31st, 2011. About the company: Viacom Inc. produces media entertainment content. The Company creates and acquires programming for television, the Internet, mobile devices, video games, and other consumer electronics products. Viacom also produces, finances, and distributes motion pictures to movie theaters and on DVDs, television, digital and other platforms internationally.
- YPF Sociedad Anonima (NYSE:YPF): Eton Park Capital Management held 9,775,857 shares valued at $435,417,000 on March 31st, 2011. About the company: YPF Sociedad Anonima explores for, develops, and produces oil and natural gas in South America, the United States, and Indonesia. The Company also refines, markets, transports, and distributes oil and other petroleum products, petroleum derivatives, petrochemicals, and liquid petroleum gas.
- Morgan Stanley (NYSE:MS): Eton Park Capital Management held 15,000,000 shares valued at $409,800,000 on March 31st, 2011. About the company: Morgan Stanley, a bank holding company, provides diversified financial services on a worldwide basis. The Company operates a global securities business which serves individual and institutional investors and investment banking clients. Morgan Stanley also operates a global asset management business. Competitors to Watch: The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (NYSE:GS), Barclays PLC (NYSE:BCS), State Street Corp. (NYSE:STT), Citigroup Inc. (NYSE:C), Bank of America (NYSE:BAC), Northern Trust Corporation (NASDAQ:NTRS), JPMorgan Chase (NYSE:JPM), Financials (NYSE:XLF) and Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC).
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE:JPM): Eton Park Capital Management held 8,412,000 shares valued at $387,793,000 on March 31st, 2011. About the company: JPMorgan Chase & Co. provides global financial services and retail banking. The Company provides services such as investment banking, treasury and securities services, asset management, private banking, card member services, commercial banking, and home finance. JP Morgan Chase serves business enterprises, institutions, and individuals.
- Nielsen Holdings N V (NYSE:NLSN): Eton Park Capital Management held 12,000,000 shares valued at $327,720,000 on March 31st, 2011. About the company: Nielsen Holdings N.V. is a global information and measurement company. The Company offers critical media and marketing information, analytics and industry expertise about what consumers watch (consumer interaction with television, online and mobile) and what consumers buy on a global and local basis.
- SPDR Gold Trust (NYSE:GLD): Eton Park Capital Management held 2,328,000 shares valued at $325,501,000 on March 31st, 2011. About the company: SPDR Gold Trust is an investment fund incorporated in the USA. The investment objective of the Trust is for the Shares to reflect the performance of the price of gold bullion, less the Trust’s expenses. The Trust holds gold and is expected from time to time to issue Baskets in exchange for deposits of gold and to distribute gold in connection with redemptions of Baskets.
- Bank of America Corporation (NYSE:BAC): Eton Park Capital Management held 21,108,000 shares valued at $281,370,000 on March 31st, 2011. About the company: Bank of America Corporation accepts deposits and offers banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk-management products and services. The Company has a mortgage lending subsidiary, and an investment banking and securities brokerage subsidiary.
- Airgas Inc. (NYSE:ARG): Eton Park Capital Management held 4,145,191 shares valued at $275,324,000 on March 31st, 2011. About the company: Airgas, Inc. distributes industrial, medical, and specialty gases and related equipment. The Company also produces and distributes liquid carbon dioxide and dry ice in the United States. Airgas’ integrated distribution network consists of branch locations, distribution centers, and outbound telemarketing operations.
- MSCI Inc (NYSE:MSCI): Eton Park Capital Management held 5,900,000 shares valued at $217,238,000 on March 31st, 2011. About the company: MSCI provides investment decision support tools to investment institutions worldwide. The Company produces indices and risk and return portfolio analytics for use in managing investment portfolios.
- AMDOCS Ltd (NYSE:DOX): Eton Park Capital Management held 7,250,000 shares valued at $209,163,000 on March 31st, 2011. About the company: Amdocs Limited provides product-drive information system solutions to major telecommunications companies in the United States and internationally. The Company provides integrated customer care and billing systems for wireless and wireline network operators and service providers, as well as for companies that offer multiple service packages.