Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Franklin Resources Inc. (NYSE:BEN).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Franklin Resources Inc. in Q3 2011:
- EMINENCE CAPITAL LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 432,200 shares, worth $41,335,608.
- JENNISON ASSOCIATES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 343,071 shares, worth $32,811,310.
- RENAISSANCE TECHNOLOGIES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 255,700 shares, worth $24,455,148.
- SEI TRUST CO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 171,773 shares, worth $16,428,370.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 114,429 shares, worth $10,943,990.
About the company: Franklin Resources, Inc. provides investment advisory services to mutual fund, retirement, institutional/separate accounts and high net worth investors. The Company manages various asset classes including domestic, international/global and emerging markets equity, domestic, international and municipal fixed income, money funds, alternative investments, and hedge funds.
Competitors to Watch: Federated Investors, Inc. (NYSE:FII), Cohen & Steers, Inc. (NYSE:CNS), Calamos Asset Management, Inc (NASDAQ:CLMS), U.S. Global Investors, Inc. (NASDAQ:GROW), Waddell & Reed Financial, Inc. (NYSE:WDR), T. Rowe Price Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:TROW), Janus Capital Group Inc. (NYSE:JNS), Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. (NASDAQ:VRTS), BlackRock, Inc. (NYSE:BLK), Bank of America (NYSE:BAC), JP Morgan (NYSE:JPM), Citigroup (NYSE:C) and Ameriprise Financial, Inc. (NYSE:AMP).
(Note: Data regarding Franklin Resources Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>