Franklin Resources: Major Shareholders Cashing Stock in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Franklin Resources Inc. (NYSE:BEN).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Franklin Resources Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Johnson Gregory E: act as CEO and President(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CEOs have bought). On 11/15/2011, sold 52,972 shares, worth $5,568,900.
- Johnson Jennifer M: act as EVP & COO. On 11/17/2011, sold 10,204 shares, worth $1,020,900.
- Yun William Young: act as EVP-Alternative Strategies. On 10/31/2011, sold 1,000 shares, worth $107,200.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Franklin Resources Inc. in Q3 2011:
- HIGHFIELDS CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LP: On 06/30/2011, held 384,000 shares, worth $50,292,480. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ATLANTA CAPITAL MANAGEMENT CO L L C: On 06/30/2011, held 147,552 shares, worth $19,324,885. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- AVESTA CAPITAL ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 145,636 shares, worth $19,073,947. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- HUNTER GLOBAL INVESTORS L P: On 06/30/2011, held 105,805 shares, worth $13,857,281. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 100,500 shares, worth $13,162,485. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Franklin Resources, Inc. provides investment advisory services to mutual fund, retirement, institutional/separate accounts and high net worth investors. The Company manages various asset classes including domestic, international/global and emerging markets equity, domestic, international and municipal fixed income, money funds, alternative investments, and hedge funds.
Competitors to Watch: Federated Investors, Inc. (NYSE:FII), Cohen & Steers, Inc. (NYSE:CNS), Calamos Asset Management, Inc (NASDAQ:CLMS), U.S. Global Investors, Inc. (NASDAQ:GROW), Waddell & Reed Financial, Inc. (NYSE:WDR), T. Rowe Price Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:TROW), Janus Capital Group Inc. (NYSE:JNS), Virtus Investment Partners, Inc. (NASDAQ:VRTS), BlackRock, Inc. (NYSE:BLK), Bank of America (NYSE:BAC), JP Morgan (NYSE:JPM), Citigroup (NYSE:C) and Ameriprise Financial, Inc. (NYSE:AMP).
(Note: Data regarding Franklin Resources Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>