Funds Buying Shares of West Marine in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of West Marine Inc. (NASDAQ:WMAR).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of West Marine Inc. in Q3 2011:
- AXA: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 34,812 shares, worth $268,052.
- UNIONBANCAL CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 19,600 shares, worth $150,920.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 12,400 shares, worth $95,480.
- FEDERATED INVESTORS INC /PA/: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 10,092 shares, worth $77,708.
- MADISON SQUARE INVESTORS LLC.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,200 shares, worth $9,240.
About the company: West Marine, Inc. retails recreational and commercial boating supplies and apparel under the West Marine and E&B Discount Marine brand names. The Company sells its products through specialty retail stores and catalogs. West Marine is also involved in the wholesale distribution of products to commercial customers and other retailers through its Port Supply business line and stores.
Competitors to Watch: MarineMax, Inc. (NYSE:HZO), Cabela’s Incorporated (NYSE:CAB), Golfsmith Intl. Hldgs., Inc. (NASDAQ:GOLF), Winmark Corporation (NASDAQ:WINA), Dick’s Sporting Goods, Inc. (NYSE:DKS), Dover Saddlery, Inc. (NASDAQ:DOVR), Sport Chalet, Inc. (NASDAQ:SPCHA).
(Note: Data regarding West Marine Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>