Gartner: Major Shareholder Stock Sales in Quarterly Release
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Gartner Inc. (NYSE:IT).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Gartner Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Valueact Holdings, L.p.: act as . On 11/07/2011, sold 676,000 shares, worth $26,668,200.
- Valueact Holdings, L.p.: act as . On 11/15/2011, sold 568,100 shares, worth $21,985,500.
- Valueact Holdings, L.p.: act as . On 11/30/2011, sold 579,300 shares, worth $21,775,900.
- Valueact Holdings, L.p.: act as . On 11/10/2011, sold 280,793 shares, worth $10,936,900.
- Valueact Holdings, L.p.: act as . On 11/16/2011, sold 112,600 shares, worth $4,348,600.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Gartner Inc. in Q3 2011:
- CARLSON CAPITAL L P: On 06/30/2011, held 296,300 shares, worth $11,937,927. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MILLENNIUM MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 138,183 shares, worth $5,567,393. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- DORSEY WRIGHT & ASSOCIATES: On 06/30/2011, held 92,270 shares, worth $3,717,558. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CATAPULT CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 80,858 shares, worth $3,257,769. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- DENALI ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 65,900 shares, worth $2,655,111. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Gartner, Inc. provides research and analysis on the computer hardware, software, communications, and related information technology industries. The Company’s business segments include research, consulting, measurement, events and executive programs.
Competitors to Watch: Forrester Research, Inc. (NASDAQ:FORR), Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ:MSFT), Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG), Intl. Business Machines Corp. (NYSE:IBM), Nielsen Hldg NV (NYSE:NLSN), Navigant Consulting, Inc. (NYSE:NCI), Information Services Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:III), Harris Interactive Inc. (NASDAQ:HPOL), and Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL).
(Note: Data regarding Gartner Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>
To contact the reporter on this story: Dave Friedman at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story: Damien Hoffman at firstname.lastname@example.org