GE and Siemens Among Large Cap Conglomerate Stocks Higher Today
Large cap Conglomerates stocks are trading higher today. Following is some information on the stories moving these stocks:
- Siemens AG (NYSE:SI): The company recently announced an agreement to take over Vistagy, Inc., a US-based maked of CAD software. The shares recently traded at $101.19, up $2.44, or 2.47%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $84.86 to $146.74 and its market capitalization is $88.44 billion. About the company: Siemens AG manufactures a wide range of industrial and consumer products. The Company builds locomotives, traffic control systems, automotive electronics, and engineers electrical power plants. Siemens also provides public and private communications networks, computers, building control systems, medical equipment, and electrical components. The Company operates worldwide.
- ABB Ltd. (NYSE:ABB): The company’s Indian subsidiary, ABB India, reported a year-over-year profit increase of 93%, to 221.6 million rupees. However, this was significantly less than the consensus expectations of 564 million rupees. The shares recently traded at $18.62, up $0.52, or 2.87%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $15.89 to $27.58 and its market capitalization is $42.65 billion. About the company: ABB Limited provides power and automation technologies. The Company operates under segments that include power products, power systems, automation products, process automation and robotics.
- General Electric Company (NYSE:GE): The company recently signed a $200 million, long-term agreement with Mexico’s federal electricity commission. The shares recently traded at $16.32, up $0.26, or 1.62%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $14.02 to $21.65 and its market capitalization is $173 billion. About the company: General Electric Company is a diversified technology, media and financial services company. The Company offers products and services ranging from aircraft engines, power generation, and water processing technology to medical imaging, business and consumer financing, media content and industrial products. General Electric conducts operations globally.
- ITT Corporation (NYSE:ITT): The company issued a press release announcing a new marketing initiative aimed at selling its products to equipment engineers and building maintenance professionals. The shares recently traded at $19.54, up $0.17, or 0.88%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $16.67 to $43.20 and its market capitalization is $1.81 billion. About the company: ITT Corporation designs and manufactures a variety of engineered products. The Company produces pumps, systems, and services to measure and control water and other fluids. ITT also supplies military defense systems, including night vision devices, secure communication systems, and avionics, in addition to providing electrical interconnects, and data storage and PC cards.
- Koninklijke Philips (NYSE:PHG): The shares recently traded at $19.82, up $0.35, or 1.8%, on the day. The shares have traded in a 52-week range of $16.26 to $34.08 and its market capitalization is $18.63 billion. About the company: Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V. manufactures medical systems; domestic appliances; consumer electronics; and lighting. The Company produces imaging, ultrasound and healthcare informatics equipment; shaving and beauty and health and wellness products; displays, and peripherals; and lamps and luminaries.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>