General Dynamics: Funds Buying Stock in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of General Dynamics Corp. (NYSE:GD).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of General Dynamics Corp. in Q3 2011:
- BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY INC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 3,064,422 shares, worth $172,894,689.
- TEACHERS RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF THE STATE OF KENTUCKY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 402,000 shares, worth $22,680,840.
- REED CONNER & BIRDWELL LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 312,951 shares, worth $17,656,695.
- NUMERIC INVESTORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 253,200 shares, worth $14,285,544.
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 230,002 shares, worth $12,976,713.
About the company: General Dynamics Corporation is a diversified defense company. The Company offers a broad portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons systems and munitions; shipbuilding design and construction; and information systems, technologies and services.
Competitors to Watch: Northrop Grumman Corp. (NYSE:NOC), Raytheon Company (NYSE:RTN), The Boeing Company (NYSE:BA), Lockheed Martin Corp. (NYSE:LMT), ITT Corporation (NYSE:ITT), FLIR Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:FLIR), Rockwell Collins, Inc. (NYSE:COL), Alliant Techsystems Inc. (NYSE:ATK), Cubic Corporation (NYSE:CUB), and Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc (NASDAQ:KTOS).
(Note: Data regarding General Dynamics Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>