Genuine Parts: Third Quarter Major Shareholder Sales
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Genuine Parts Company (NYSE:GPC).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Genuine Parts Company in Q3 2011:
- GIOVINE CAPITAL GROUP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 240,000 shares, worth $12,945,600. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- VAUGHAN DAVID INVESTMENTS INC/IL: On 06/30/2011, held 230,859 shares, worth $12,452,534. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- LOEWS CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 140,000 shares, worth $7,551,600. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 113,000 shares, worth $6,095,220. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- DUPONT CAPITAL MANAGEMENT CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 91,983 shares, worth $4,961,563. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Genuine Parts Company distributes automotive replacement parts, industrial replacement parts, office products, and electrical/electronic materials. The Company conducts business throughout most of the United States, in Canada, and in Mexico.
Competitors to Watch: LKQ Corporation (NASDAQ:LKQX), Lithia Motors, Inc. (NYSE:LAD), Dorman Products Inc. (NASDAQ:DORM), Advance Auto Parts, Inc. (NYSE:AAP), O’Reilly Automotive, Inc. (NASDAQ:ORLY), The Pep Boys – Manny, Moe & Jack (NYSE:PBY), U.S. Auto Parts Network, Inc. (NASDAQ:PRTS), General Motors Company (NYSE:GM), Toyota Motor Corp. (NYSE:TM), Honda Motor CO., Ltd. (NYSE:HMC), Ford Motor Company (NYSE:F), CarMax (NYSE:KMX), Tesla Motors Inc (NASDAQ:TSLA), Tata Motors Limited (NYSE:TTM) and Navistar Intl. Corp. (NYSE:NAV).
(Note: Data regarding Genuine Parts Company’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>