Gilead Sciences: Funds Supporting Shares in Third Quarter
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Gilead Sciences Inc. (NASDAQ:GILD).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Gilead Sciences Inc. in Q3 2011:
- THIRD POINT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,200,000 shares, worth $46,560,000.
- NUMERIC INVESTORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,130,700 shares, worth $43,871,160.
- PINEBRIDGE INVESTMENTS LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 921,873 shares, worth $35,768,672.
- HOTCHKIS & WILEY CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 773,300 shares, worth $30,004,040.
- LOOMIS SAYLES & CO L P: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 760,333 shares, worth $29,500,920.
About the company: Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, and commercializes therapeutics to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases. The Company’s primary arees of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver disease and serious cardiovascular and respiratory conditions.
Competitors to Watch: Roche Holding Ltd. (RHHBY), GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE:GSK), Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE), Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE:MRK), Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ), Bristol Myers Squibb Co. (NYSE:BMY), Idenix Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:IDIX), Trimeris, Inc. (NASDAQ:TRMS), BioCryst Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:BCRX), and Hemispherx BioPharma, Inc (AMEX:HEB).
(Note: Data regarding Gilead Sciences Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>