Glenview Capital has filed its 13F filing with the SEC. Its top five holdings are heavily weighted toward the healthcare sector. Following is some information on these five holdings:
- McKesson Corp. (NYSE:MCK): Glenview holds 5,950,437 shares. At a recent price of $87.27 per share, this holding is worth $519,294,637. About the company: McKesson Corporation distributes pharmaceuticals, medical-surgical supplies, and health and beauty care products throughout North America. The Company also develops, implements, and supports software that facilitates the integration of data throughout the health enterprise. In addition, McKesson offers analytics, care management, and patient solutions for payers. Competitors to Watch: AmerisourceBergen Corp. (NYSE:ABC), Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE:CAH), Henry Schein, Inc. (NASDAQ:HSIC), Patterson Companies, Inc. (NASDAQ:PDCO), Cerner Corporation (NASDAQ:CERN), Owens & Minor, Inc. (NYSE:OMI), Omnicare, Inc. (NYSE:OCR), Grupo Casa Saba, S.A. (NYSE:SAB), MWI Veterinary Supply, Inc. (NASDAQ:MWIV), and Allscripts Healthcare Solutions Inc (NASDAQ:MDRX)
- Life Technologies Corp. (NASDAQ:LIFE): Glenview holds 8,969,313 shares. At a recent price of $55 per share, this holding is worth $493,312,215. About the company: Life Technologies Corporation develops biotechnology tools used by researchers. The Company offers a broad range of products and services, including systems, instruments, reagents, and custom services. Life’s portfolio of products includes technologies for capillary electrophoresis based sequencing, sequencing, mass spectrometry sample preparation, and cell culture. Competitors to Watch: Techne Corporation (NASDAQ:TECH), Qiagen NV (NASDAQ:QGEN), Affymetrix, Inc. (NASDAQ:AFFX), Sigma-Aldrich Corporation (NASDAQ:SIAL), Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE:TMO), Strategic Diagnostics Inc. (NASDAQ:SDIX), Agilent Technologies Inc. (NYSE:A), Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. (NYSE:BIO), PerkinElmer, Inc. (NYSE:PKI), and Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ).
- CVS Caremark Corp. (NYSE:CVS): Glenview holds 8,921,670 shares. At a recent price of $38.43 per share, this holding is worth $342,859,778. About the company: CVS Caremark Corporation is an integrated pharmacy health care provider. The Company’s offerings include pharmacy benefit management services; mail order, retail and specialty pharmacy; disease management programs; and retail clinics. The company operates drugstores throughout the US, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. Competitors to Watch: Walgreen Company (NYSE:WAG), Rite Aid Corporation (NYSE:RAD), PharMerica Corporation (NYSE:PMC), Medco Health Solutions Inc. (NYSE:MHS), drugstore.com, inc. (NASDAQ:DSCM), PetMed Express, Inc. (NASDAQ:PETS), Graymark Healthcare Inc (NASDAQ:GRMH) and BioScrip Inc. (NASDAQ:BIOS).
- Fidelity National Information Services Inc. (NYSE:FIS): Glenview holds 8,518,825 shares. At a recent price of $32.36 per share, this holding is worth $275,669,177. About the company: Fidelity National Information Services, Inc. is a payment services provider. The Company provides credit and debit card processing, electronic banking services, check risk management, check cashing, and merchant card processing services to financial institutions and merchants.
- Express Scripts, Inc. (NASDAQ:ESRX): Glenview holds 4,877,388 shares. At a recent price of $60.48 per share, this holding is worth $294,984,426. About the company: Express Scripts, Inc. is a full service pharmacy benefit management and specialty managed care company serving clients throughout North America. The Company’s customers include managed care organizations, insurance carriers, third party administrators, employers, and union-sponsored benefit plans. Express provides pharmacy network management, formulary management, and other services. Competitors to Watch: Medco Health Solutions Inc. (NYSE:MHS), Magellan Health Services, Inc. (NASDAQ:MGLN), Centene Corporation (NYSE:CNC), AMERIGROUP Corporation (NYSE:AGP) and American Dental Partners, Inc. (NASDAQ:ADPI).