Google Earnings Preview: Your Cheat Sheet to What Investors Must Know
Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) continues to see Bing (NASDAQ:MSFT) and Yahoo (NASDAQ:YHOO) eat into their mind-boggling search market share (Google lost 3% in March). So, how what will investors be looking at during earnings on Thursday after the bell?
Rather than enter the earnings release blind, here’s Your Cheat Sheet to Google’s Earnings:
Earnings Expectations: Analysts expect earnings of $8.14 a share on revenues of $6.3 billion.
Outlook: Google’s outlook will be based on whether they think higher gas prices will impact future advertising revenues. They will also be focused on new strategies and initiatives delivered by Larry Page after he took over as CEO.
Keys to a Successful Earnings Announcement: Investors will be looking for the following:
- Ads: An ad division confident revenues will not dip if retail advertisers lower budgets.
- Android: News that Android phones and apps continue to populate more households. Wall Street will also be watching to see how Apple’s (NASDAQ:AAPL) new iPhone integration with Verizon (NYSE:VZ) may have affected Google.
- Youtube: Increased monetization of the world’s largest video site and news about the new Premium Channels venture.
- Google TV: Any news that the product is not going to fall into oblivion.
- China: News that Google is continuing to make progress now that they are back in business with China.
Key Competitors: Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL), Yahoo (NASDAQ:YHOO), Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT), eBay (NASDAQ:EBAY), Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN), Bidu (NASDAQ:BIDU), Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL), Research in Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM), and AOL (NYSE:AOL).