Harris Corporation: Major Shareholders Cashing Stock in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Harris Corp. (NYSE:HRS).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Harris Corp.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Rickard David B: act as Director. On 11/01/2011, sold 4,228 shares, worth $155,600.
- Mikuen Scott T: act as VP-General Counsel & Secretary. On 08/08/2011, sold 1,585 shares, worth $57,800.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Harris Corp. in Q3 2011:
- GLOBAL THEMATIC PARTNERS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 1,506,374 shares, worth $66,913,133. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EAGLE ASSET MANAGEMENT INC: On 06/30/2011, held 947,827 shares, worth $42,102,475. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ATHERTON LANE ADVISERS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 351,801 shares, worth $15,627,000. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- OLD NATIONAL BANCORP /IN/: On 06/30/2011, held 219,625 shares, worth $9,755,743. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- VIRGINIA RETIREMENT SYSTEMS ET AL: On 06/30/2011, held 189,274 shares, worth $8,407,551. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Harris Corporation is an international communications equipment company focused on product, system, and service solutions. The Company provides a range of mission critical communications products, systems and services for global markets, including defense communications and electronics, government communications, broadcast communications and wireless transmission network solutions.
Competitors to Watch: ViaSat, Inc. (NASDAQ:VSAT), EMS Technologies, Inc. (NASDAQ:ELMG), Motorola Solutions Inc (NYSE:MSI), Comtech Telecomm. Corp. (NASDAQ:CMTL), ITT Corporation (NYSE:ITT), Globecomm Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:GCOM), SeaChange International (NASDAQ:SEAC), Avid Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ:AVID), Verizon (NYSE:VZ), AT&T (NYSE:T), Sprint (NYSE:S), Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC), and Technicolor S.A. (NYSE:TCH).
(Note: Data regarding Harris Corp.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>