Headwaters: Exec Insider and Fund Stock Sales in Quarterly Release
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Headwaters Inc. (NYSE:HW).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Headwaters Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Hatfield Harlan M: act as General Counsel. On 11/03/2011, sold 1,971 shares, worth $3,700.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Headwaters Inc. in Q3 2011:
- IMPAX ASSET MANAGEMENT LTD: On 06/30/2011, held 1,970,924 shares, worth $6,168,992. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- ROBECO INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT, INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 532,290 shares, worth $1,666,068. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- GABELLI FUNDS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 120,000 shares, worth $375,600. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- GOTHAM ASSET MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 78,827 shares, worth $246,729. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- NORMAN FIELDS, GOTTSCHO CAPITAL MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 71,650 shares, worth $224,265. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Headwaters Incorporated develops and deploys alternative fuel and related technologies. The Company converts fossil fuels such as coal and heavy oils to alternative energy products while improving energy efficiency and the environment. Headwaters also acquires and expands synergistic new business opportunities.
Competitors to Watch: PGT, Inc. (NASDAQ:PGTI), NCI Building Systems, Inc. (NYSE:NCS), Apogee Enterprises, Inc. (NASDAQ:APOG), Armstrong World Industries, Inc. (NYSE:AWI), Owens Corning (NYSE:OC), Griffon Corporation (NYSE:GFF), Patrick Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ:PATK).
(Note: Data regarding Headwaters Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>
To contact the reporter on this story: Dave Friedman at email@example.com
To contact the editor responsible for this story: Damien Hoffman at firstname.lastname@example.org