Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Health Management Associates Inc. (NYSE:HMA).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Health Management Associates Inc. in Q3 2011:
- MASSACHUSETTS FINANCIAL SERVICES CO /MA/: On 06/30/2011, held 2,349,990 shares, worth $25,332,892. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- NORDEA INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT AB: On 06/30/2011, held 1,379,844 shares, worth $14,874,718. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- MARSHALL & ILSLEY CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 1,121,776 shares, worth $12,092,745. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CITADEL ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 937,652 shares, worth $10,107,889. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- CI INVESTMENTS INC.: On 06/30/2011, held 891,100 shares, worth $9,606,058. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Health Management Associates Inc. operates general acute care hospitals in rural communities located primarily in the southeastern and southwestern United States. The Company’s facilities offer a wide range of medical and surgical services.
Competitors to Watch: Community Health Systems (NYSE:CYH), Universal Health Services, Inc. (NYSE:UHS), Tenet Healthcare Corp. (NYSE:THC), HCA Holdings Inc (NYSE:HCA), MedCath Corporation (NASDAQ:MDTH), SunLink Health Systems, Inc. (AMEX:SSY), LifePoint Hospitals, Inc. (NASDAQ:LPNT), Dynacq Healthcare, Inc. (NASDAQ:DYII), Select Medical Hldgs. Corp. (NYSE:SEM), and HEALTHSOUTH Corp. (NYSE:HLS).
(Note: Data regarding Health Management Associates Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>