Health Management Associates: Insiders and Funds Buying Shares in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Health Management Associates Inc. (NYSE:HMA).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Health Management Associates Inc.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Curry Kelly E: act as Executive VP and CFO(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CFOs have bought). On 08/22/2011, bought 3,000 shares, worth $20,900.
- Meek Joseph C: act as Vice President and Treasurer. On 08/08/2011, bought 2,500 shares, worth $18,300.
- Curry Kelly E: act as Executive VP and CFO(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CFOs have bought). On 08/09/2011, bought 2,000 shares, worth $13,900.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Health Management Associates Inc. in Q3 2011:
- MUNDER CAPITAL MANAGEMENT: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 11,768,876 shares, worth $81,440,622.
- BMO FINANCIAL CORP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,233,533 shares, worth $8,536,048.
- HIGHBRIDGE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 460,243 shares, worth $3,184,882.
- PALISADE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC/NJ: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 387,200 shares, worth $2,679,424.
- TEXAS PERMANENT SCHOOL FUND: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 321,824 shares, worth $2,227,022.
About the company: Health Management Associates Inc. operates general acute care hospitals in rural communities located primarily in the southeastern and southwestern United States. The Company’s facilities offer a wide range of medical and surgical services.
Competitors to Watch: Community Health Systems (NYSE:CYH), Universal Health Services, Inc. (NYSE:UHS), Tenet Healthcare Corp. (NYSE:THC), HCA Holdings Inc (NYSE:HCA), MedCath Corporation (NASDAQ:MDTH), SunLink Health Systems, Inc. (AMEX:SSY), LifePoint Hospitals, Inc. (NASDAQ:LPNT), Dynacq Healthcare, Inc. (NASDAQ:DYII), Select Medical Hldgs. Corp. (NYSE:SEM), and HEALTHSOUTH Corp. (NYSE:HLS).
(Note: Data regarding Health Management Associates Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>