Heavily Traded Stocks the Morning of August 19th
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about companies with unusually heavy trading in the morning session:
- SPDR S&P 500 ETF (NYSE:SPY): 6.33 million shares have traded hands and its market capitalization is $78.24 billion. About the company: SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust is a unit investment trust incorporated in the United States. The Trust consists of a portfolio representing all 500 stocks in the S&P 500 Index.
- PowerShares QQQ Trust, Series 1 (NASDAQ:QQQ): 2.16 million shares have traded hands and its market capitalization is $42.83 billion. About the company: PowerShares QQQ is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund represents undivided ownership interests in the PowerShares QQQ. The Fund’s objective is to provide investment results that generally correspond to the price and yield performance of the component securities of the Nasdaq 100 Index.
- iShares Silver Trust (NYSE:SLV): 2.05 million shares have traded hands and its market capitalization is $14.55 billion. About the company: iShares Silver Trust is a trust formed to invest in silver. The assets of the trust consist primarily of silver held by the custodian on behalf of the trust. The objective of the trust is for the shares to reflect the price of silver owned by the trust, less the trust’s expenses and liabilities.
- Sirius XM Radio Inc. (NASDAQ:SIRI): 1.14 million shares have traded hands and its market capitalization is $7.03 billion. About the company: Sirius XM Radio Inc. broadcasts various channels of audio from its satellites. The Company provides its services throughout the continental United States for a monthly subscription fee. Sirius delivers various streams of commercial-free music in every genre, as well as streams of news, sports, weather, talk, comedy, and public radio.
- GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE:GSK): 1.13 million shares have traded hands and its market capitalization is $105.54 billion. About the company: GlaxoSmithKline plc is a research-based pharmaceutical group that develops, manufactures and markets vaccines, prescription and over-the-counter medicines, as well as health-related consumer products. The Group, which also provides laboratory testing and disease management services, specializes in treatments for respiratory, central nervous system, gastro-intestinal and genetic disorders.
- SPDR Gold Trust (NYSE:GLD): 868,504 shares have traded hands and its market capitalization is $75.18 billion. About the company: SPDR Gold Trust is an investment fund incorporated in the USA. The investment objective of the Trust is for the Shares to reflect the performance of the price of gold bullion, less the Trust’s expenses. The Trust holds gold and is expected from time to time to issue Baskets in exchange for deposits of gold and to distribute gold in connection with redemptions of Baskets.
- Hewlett-Packard Company (NYSE:HPQ): 788,165 shares have traded hands and its market capitalization is $61.21 billion. About the company: Hewlett-Packard Company provides imaging and printing systems, computing systems, and information technology services for business and home. The Company’s products include laser and inkjet printers, scanners, copiers and faxes, personal computers, workstations, storage solutions, and other computing and printing systems. Hewlett-Packard sells its products worldwide.
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>