Herbalife: Major Shareholders Cashing Stock in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently decreased stock shares of Herbalife Ltd. (NYSE:HLF).
SEC data indicate these insiders have sold Herbalife Ltd.’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Johnson Michael: act as Chairman & CEO. On 07/18/2011, sold 177,330 shares, worth $10,150,400.
- Johnson Michael: act as Chairman & CEO. On 11/01/2011, sold 176,497 shares, worth $10,095,600.
- Johnson Michael: act as Chairman & CEO. On 09/01/2011, sold 176,547 shares, worth $9,997,900.
- Johnson Michael: act as Chairman & CEO. On 08/01/2011, sold 175,998 shares, worth $9,606,000.
- Johnson Michael: act as Chairman & CEO. On 10/03/2011, sold 175,205 shares, worth $9,173,700.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly reduced their stock shares of Herbalife Ltd. in Q3 2011:
- CALAMOS ADVISORS LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 2,701,105 shares, worth $154,584,239. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- GLOBAL THEMATIC PARTNERS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 807,654 shares, worth $46,222,038. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- RENAISSANCE GROUP LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 495,046 shares, worth $28,331,483. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
- EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS: On 06/30/2011, held 101,098 shares, worth $5,785,839. On 09/30/2011, held 0 shares.
About the company: Herbalife Ltd. is a network marketing company that sells weight management, nutritional supplement and personal care products. The Company sells its products globally through a network of independent distributors. Herbalife also sells literature and promotional materials.
Competitors to Watch: Nu Skin Enterprises, Inc. (NYSE:NUS), USANA Health Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ:USNA), Avon Products, Inc. (NYSE:AVP), Nature’s Sunshine Prod. (NASDAQ:NATR), The Estee Lauder Companies Inc. (NYSE:EL), Alberto-Culver Company (NYSE:ACV), Mannatech, Inc. (NASDAQ:MTEX), Walgreens (NYSE:WAG), CVS (NYSE:CVS), Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT), Target (NYSE:TGT) and Reliv International, Inc (NASDAQ:RELV).
(Note: Data regarding Herbalife Ltd.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>