Hess: Insiders and Institutions Buying Shares in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Hess Corporation (NYSE:HES).
SEC data indicate these insiders have bought Hess Corporation’s stock since 06/30/2011:
- Hess John B: act as Chairman of the Board and CEO, 10% Owner(Click HERE for the list of stocks that their CEOs have bought). On 09/12/2011, bought 174,950 shares, worth $10,001,900.
- Mullin John H Iii: act as Director. On 08/09/2011, bought 10,000 shares, worth $548,700.
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Hess Corporation in Q3 2011:
- TRADEWINDS GLOBAL INVESTORS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,531,987 shares, worth $80,368,038.
- CS MCKEE LP: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,231,578 shares, worth $64,608,582.
- CORNERSTONE INVESTMENT PARTNERS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 916,321 shares, worth $48,070,200.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 366,381 shares, worth $19,220,347.
- TEACHERS RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF THE STATE OF KENTUCKY: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 363,500 shares, worth $19,069,210.
About the company: Hess Corporation is a global integrated energy company. The Company explores for, produces, markets, and refines crude oil and natural gas. The Company operates in countries that include Algeria, Australia, Azerbaijan, Brazil, Denmark, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Ghana, Indonesia, Libya, Malaysia, Norway, Peru, Russia, Thailand, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Competitors to Watch: Chevron Corporation (NYSE:CVX), Exxon Mobil Corporation (NYSE:XOM), Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE:MRO), ConocoPhillips (NYSE:COP), BP plc (NYSE:BP), TOTAL S.A. (NYSE:TOT), Repsol YPF, S.A. (REPYY), Occidental Petroleum Corp. (NYSE:OXY), and China Petroleum & Chemical Corp. (NYSE:SNP).
(Note: Data regarding Hess Corporation’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>