The Dow Jones Industrial Average (NYSE:DIA) is trading at 11,588 and the S&P Index trades at 1,218. Here are shares of big companies feeling the action on Wall Street today:
- General Electric Company (NYSE:GE): Shares of General Electric Company are trading higher 2% today. Despite all the negative buzz surrounding the solar industry, GE announced plans to build a $600M facility in Colorado to manufacture thin-film solar panels, with commercial products shipping in 2013. General Electric Company is a diversified technology, media and financial services company. The Company offers products and services ranging from aircraft engines, power generation, and water processing technology to medical imaging, business and consumer financing, media content and industrial products. General Electric conducts operations globally.
- Sirius XM Radio Inc. (NASDAQ:SIRI): Shares of Sirius XM Radio Inc. are trading higher over 3% today. The technology sector is feeling the rising wave of the positive Google quarterly results issued yesterday evening. Sirius XM Radio Inc. broadcasts various channels of audio from its satellites. The Company provides its services throughout the continental United States for a monthly subscription fee. Sirius delivers various streams of commercial-free music in every genre, as well as streams of news, sports, weather, talk, comedy, and public radio.
- Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC): Shares of Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson are trading higher over 4% today as the company reported better-than-expected earnings for their 3rd quarter results. Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson develops and manufactures products for wired and mobile communications in public and private networks. The Company produces mobile telephones through its Sony Ericsson joint venture. Ericsson manufactures and installs wired and wireless communications systems, wireless microwave links, call center equipment, microelectronics, and radar systems.
- Sprint Nextel Corporation (NYSE:S): Shares of Sprint Nextel Corporation are trading higher 2% today as the Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) iPhone 4s is released on the Sprint mobile network for the first time in history today. Credit Suisse issued a bulled call on the company’s shares this morning. Sprint Nextel Corporation offers a range of wireless and wireline communications services to consumer, business, and government customers. The Company develops, engineers, and deploys various technologies, including two wireless networks offering mobile data services, instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities, and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone.
- Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE): Shares of Pfizer Inc. are trading higher 1% today as the health care giants shares have been beaten down recently and value investors are snapping up shares paying a 4% plus dividend ahead of the weekend. Pfizer Inc. is a research-based, global pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops, manufactures, and markets medicines for humans and animals. The Company’s products include prescription pharmaceuticals, non-prescription self-medications, and animal health products such as anti-infective medicines and vaccines.
- Lloyds TSB Group plc (NYSE:LYG): Shares of Lloyds TSB Group plc are trading lower 3% today as Fitch downgraded the company. Lloyds Banking Group plc, through subsidiaries and associated companies, offers a range of banking and financial services. The Company provides retail banking, mortgages, pensions, asset management, insurance services, corporate banking, and treasury services.
- Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Inc (NYSE:MTU): Shares of Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group Inc are trading lower over 1% today as the bank is still on investors’ skeptical side. Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group, Inc. (MUFG) is a holding company established through the merger of Mitsubishi Tokyo Financial Group and UFJ Holdings. As a financial group, the Company provides a variety of financial and investment services including commercial banking, trust banking, international finance, and assets management services.
- China Unicom Limited (NYSE:CHU): Shares of China Unicom Limited are trading lower 4% today. China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited, through its subsidiaries, provides telecommunications services in the People’s Republic of China. The Company’s services include cellular, paging, long distance, data, and Internet services.
- Bank of America Corp (NYSE:BAC): Shares of Bank of America Corp are trading lower 1% today ahead of next week’s much anticipated quarterly earnings release. Bank of America Corporation accepts deposits and offers banking, investing, asset management, and other financial and risk-management products and services. The Company has a mortgage lending subsidiary, and an investment banking and securities brokerage subsidiary.
- Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE:MFG): Shares of Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. are trading roughly flat today. Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. provides comprehensive financial services through its subsidiaries. The Group provides variety of financial services such as general banking, securities brokerage, trust banking, and assets management.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>