As the DJIA trades higher at 11,531 and the S&P 500 Index trades at 1,213 today, here the stocks buzzing on our radar today:
- Polycom, Inc. (NASDAQ:PLCM): Shares of Polycom, Inc. are trading lower 25% today following a dismal quarterly earnings report that missed analyst expectations. Polycom, Inc. develops, manufactures, and markets a line of video, voice, data and web conferencing collaboration solutions. The solutions include enterprise video and voice communications end-points, network infrastructure, management products, product maintenance and other professional services.
- eBay Inc. (NASDAQ:EBAY): Shares of eBay Inc. are trading lower over 3% today as investors take profits following a very strong quarterly earnings report delivering double-digit growth. eBay Inc. operates an online trading community. The Company’s service is used by buyers and sellers for the exchange of products and services such as coins, collectibles, computers, memorabilia, stamps and toys, as well as concert and sporting tickets. eBay also offers, through a subsidiary, secure online payment services.
- Nokia Corporation (NYSE:NOK): Shares of Nokia Corporation are trading higher over 5% today after beating sales estimates but delivering a drop in profit in the company’s latest earnings release. Nokia Corporation is a player in the mobile industry. The Company makes a range of mobile devices with services and software that enable people to experience music, navigation, video, television, imaging, games, business mobility and more. Nokia also provides equipment, solutions and services for communications networks.
- Riverbed Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ:RVBD): Shares of Riverbed Technology, Inc. are trading higher today after delivering a very impression earnings release. Riverbed Technology, Inc. manufactures and markets appliances used to connect computers in wide area networks.
- American Express Company (NYSE:AXP): Shares of American Express Company are trading flat today after issuing profit growth and revenue growth in its latest quarter earnings release. American Express Company is a global payment and travel company. The Company’s principal products and services are charge and credit payment card products and travel-related services offered to consumers and businesses around the world.
- Western Digital Corp. (NYSE:WDC): Shares of Western Digital Corp. are trading higher today as investors were satisfied with the company’s latest quarterly results. Western Digital Corporation designs and manufactures hard drives for desktop computers and home entertainment applications.
- Fifth Third Bancorp (NASDAQ:FITB): Shares of Fifth Third Bancorp are trading higher over 8% today as the bank almost doubled its profits in its latest quarter report. Fifth Third Bancorp is a diversified financial services company that operates banking centers in the Midwestern and Southeastern regions of the United States. The Company’s principal businesses include retail banking, commercial banking, investment advisory, and data processing.
- Core Laboratories N.V. (NYSE:CLB): Shares of Core Laboratories N.V. are trading lower today as shareholders are selling shares following its latest quarterly release. Core Laboratories N.V. provides reservoir description, production enhancement, and reservoir management services. The Company’s customers include major, national, and independent oil and gas producers. Core also manufactures and sells petroleum reservoir rock and fluid analysis instrumentation and other integrated systems.
- Abbott Laboratories (NYSE:ABT): Shares of Abbott Laboratories are trading higher today after delivering double-digit revenue growth in its latest quarterly earnings release. Abbott Laboratories discovers, develops, manufactures, and sells a broad and diversified line of health care products and services. The Company’s products include pharmaceuticals, nutritional, diagnostics, and vascular products. Abbott markets its products worldwide through affiliates and distributors.
- Newfield Exploration Co. (NYSE:NFX): Shares of Newfield Exploration Co. are trading lower 14% today following the release of its latest quarterly report. Newfield Exploration Company is an independent oil and gas company which explores, develops, and acquires oil and natural gas properties. The Company operates in the Gulf of Mexico, in the onshore United States Gulf Coast, within the North Sea, within Malaysia, and in the Bohai Bay in China.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>