High Dividend Equities: Winning and Losing Stocks for Oct 18th
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about today’s market action in high dividend equities:
Gainers (%price change)
- Gannett Co Inc (NYSE:GCI): The shares closed at $10.72, up $0.73, or 7.31%, on the day. Its dividend yield is 3.5, its payout ratio is 6.72 and its ex-dividend date is 2011/12/07. About the company: Gannett Co., Inc. is an international news and information company that publishes various daily newspapers in the United States and the United Kingdom, including “USA TODAY” and “USA WEEKEND,” a newspaper magazine. The Company also operates television stations in major United States markets as well as operates websites offering news, information and advertising.
- ProLogis Inc (NYSE:PLD): The shares closed at $26.99, up $1.64, or 6.47%, on the day. Its dividend yield is 4.95 and its ex-date is 2011/12/21. About the company: ProLogis provides distribution facilities and services. The Company has distribution facilities owned, managed, and under development in various markets throughout North America, Europe, and Asia. ProLogis leases industrial space to manufacturers, retailers, transportation companies, third-party logistics providers and other enterprises with large-scale distribution needs.
- Hudson City Bancorp Inc (NASDAQ:HCBK): The shares closed at $5.96, up $0.36, or 6.43%, on the day. Its dividend yield is 6.03, its payout ratio is 55.05 and its ex-dividend date is 2011/11/02. About the company: Hudson City Bancorp, Inc. is a bank holding company. The Company, through its banking subsidiary, is a federally chartered stock savings bank that offers traditional deposit products, residential real estate mortgage loans and consumer loans. Hudson also purchase mortgages and mortgage-backed securities and other securities issued by U.S. government-sponsored enterprises.
- Masco Corp (NYSE:MAS): The shares closed at $8.76, up $0.47, or 5.67%, on the day. Its dividend yield is 4.34 and its ex-date is 2011/10/05. About the company: Masco Corporation manufactures, and sells home improvement and building products. The Company’s products include faucets, kitchen and bath cabinets, architectural coatings, and builders’ hardware products. Masco sells its products through mass merchandisers, home centers, hardware stores, and other wholesale and retail outlets to consumers and contractors.
- Aflac Inc (NYSE:AFL): The shares closed at $41.89, up $2.24, or 5.65%, on the day. Its dividend yield is 3.57, its payout ratio is 22.82 and its ex-dividend date is 2011/11/14. About the company: Aflac, Inc. is a general business holding company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, provides supplemental insurance to individuals in the United States and Japan. Aflac’s products include accident/disability plans, cancer expense plans, short-term disability plans, sickness and hospital indemnity plans, hospital intensive care plans, and fixed-benefit dental plans.
Losers (%price change)
- Lorillard Inc (NYSE:LO): The shares closed at $111.64, down $4.96, or 4.25%, on the day. Its dividend yield is 4.61, its payout ratio is 62.68 and its ex-dividend date is 2011/11/29. About the company: Lorillard, Inc. manufactures and sells cigarettes. The Company produces cigarettes for both the premium and discount segments of the domestic cigarette market for sale to distributors and retailers in the United States.