High Volume Stock Movers in Early Morning Trading August 15th
Wall St. Watchdog reveals information about stocks showing heavy trading volume in early morning trading for August 15th:
- Motorola Mobility Holdings Inc: 3.31 million shares have traded hands today and its market capitalization is $7.27 billion. About the company: Motorola Mobility Holdings, Inc. is a provider of technologies, products and services that enable a range of mobile and wireline digital communication, information and entertainment experiences. It is the parent of Motorola Mobility, Inc., its main United States wholly owned operating subsidiary, through which it conducts all of its business activities. Google Set to Buy Motorola Mobility for $12.5 Billion in Cash>>
- Nokia Corporation (NYSE:NOK) 3.17 million shares have traded hands and its market capitalization is $20.36 billion. About the company: Nokia Corporation has three operating segments: Devices & Services; NAVTEQ, and Nokia Siemens Networks. Devices & Services is responsible for developing and managing the Company’s portfolio of mobile products, as well as designing and developing services, including applications and content.
- Bank of America Corp (NYSE:BAC): 1.04 million shares have traded hands and its market capitalization is $72.87 billion. About the company: Bank of America Corporation is a bank holding company, and a financial holding company. Bank of America is a financial institution, serving individual customers, small and middle market businesses, corporations and governments with a range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services.
- ProShares UltraShort S&P500 (NYSE:SDS): 732,860 shares traded hands and its market capitalization is $2.55 billion. About the company: ProShares UltraShort S&P500 (the Fund) seeks daily investment results, before fees and expenses, that correspond to twice (200%) the inverse (opposite) of the daily performance of the S&P 500 Index. The S&P 500 Index is a measure of large-cap United States stock market performance.
- HSBC Holdings plc (NYSE:HBC): 655,400 shares traded hands and its market capitalization is $158.85 billion. About the company: HSBC Holdings plc is a global banking and financial service organization. As of December 31, 2010, it provided a range of financial services to around 95 million customers through two customer groups, Personal Financial Services, including consumer finances, and Commercial Banking, and two global businesses, Global Banking and Markets, and Global Private Banking.
- SPDR S&P 500 ETF (NYSE:SPY): 503,812 traded hands and its market capitalization is $80.70 billion. About the company: SPDR S&P 500 ETF (the Trust), formerly SPDR Trust, Series 1, generally corresponds to the price and yield performance of the S&P 500 Index. The S&P 500 Index consists of 500 selected stocks, all of which are listed on the exchange, the NYSE or NASDAQ, and which spans over 24 separate industry groups.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>