Following is information on stocks showing heavy volume in pre-market trading for Friday, July 15, 2011:
- Petrohawk Energy Corporation (NYSE:HK): 39.09M 7.14B. About the company: Petrohawk Energy Corporation is an oil and gas company. The Company participates in the exploration and production of natural gas and crude oil. Petrohawk’s operations are currently focused in proven oil and gas producing trends primarily in South Texas, Louisiana, and Central California.
- SPDR S&P 500 ETF (NYSE:SPY): 1.52M 89.46B. About the company: SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust is a unit investment trust incorporated in the United States. The Trust consists of a portfolio representing all 500 stocks in the S&P 500 Index.
- PowerShares QQQ Trust, Series 1 (NASDAQ:QQQ) 1.08M 47.99B. About the company: PowerShares QQQ is an exchange-traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund represents undivided ownership interests in the PowerShares QQQ. The Fund’s objective is to provide investment results that generally correspond to the price and yield performance of the component securities of the Nasdaq 100 Index.
- Citigroup Inc. (NYSE:C) 893,180.00 113.96B. About the company: Citigroup Inc. is a diversified financial services holding company that provides a broad range of financial services to consumer and corporate customers around the world. The Company’s services include investment banking, retail brokerage, corporate banking, and cash management products and services.
- The Clorox Company (NYSE:CLX): 758,043.00 9.42B. About the company: The Clorox Company produces and markets non-durable consumer products sold primarily through grocery and other retail stores. The Company’s principal products include household cleaning and bleach products, charcoal, cat litter, automotive care products, dressings, and trash bags. Clorox markets its products in the United States and other countries around the world.
- Sanofi SA (NYSE:SNY) 600,400.00 101.49B. About the company: Sanofi-Aventis is a global pharmaceutical company that researches, develops and manufactures prescription pharmaceuticals and vaccines. The Company develops cardiovascular, thrombosis, metabolic disorder, central nervous system, internal medicine and oncology drugs, and vaccines.
- SPDR Dow Jones Industrial Average ETF (NYSE:DIA): 576,250.00 11.00B. About the company: SPDR Dow Jones Industrial Average ETF Trust is a unit investment trust incorporated in the USA. The Trust consists of a portfolio representing all 30 stocks in the Dow Jones Industrial Average. The Trust entitles its holders to proportional monthly cash payments representing dividends paid by the underlying stocks. The Initial Index ratio upon inception was 1/100 of INDU.
(Note: Selected financial data are sourced from Google Finance. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Get Actionable Investing Insights: Check Out Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s newest Feature Trades of the Month!