Hospira: Institutional Investor Stock Buys in Q3
Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Hospira Inc. (NYSE:HSP).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Hospira Inc. in Q3 2011:
- BURGUNDY ASSET MANAGEMENT LTD.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 542,080 shares, worth $20,056,960.
- HIGHBRIDGE CAPITAL MANAGEMENT LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 261,897 shares, worth $9,690,189.
- CHILTON INVESTMENT CO LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 252,159 shares, worth $9,329,883.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 239,773 shares, worth $8,871,601.
- CAPITAL FUND MANAGEMENT S.A.: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 215,729 shares, worth $7,981,973.
About the company: Hospira, Inc. is a global specialty pharmaceutical and medication delivery company. The Company’s product portfolio includes generic acute-care and oncology injectables, as well as integrated infusion therapy and medication management systems.
Competitors to Watch: Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd (NASDAQ:TEVA), Mylan Inc. (NASDAQ:MYL), Akorn, Inc. (NASDAQ:AKRX), Novartis AG (NYSE:NVS), Baxter International Inc. (NYSE:BAX), Watson Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE:WPI), Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE), DURECT Corporation (NASDAQ:DRRX), ICU Medical, Incorporated (NASDAQ:ICUI), and Allergan, Inc. (NYSE:AGN).
(Note: Data regarding Hospira Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>