Insiders are generally long-term investors due to restriction in making short-term profits. In contrast, wealth management institutions always have short-term investment. Wall St. Watchdog reveals information regarding the insiders and institutions which recently increased stock shares of Host Hotels & Resorts Inc. (NYSE:HST).
SEC data indicate that these institutions significantly increased their stock shares of Host Hotels & Resorts Inc. in Q3 2011:
- PERKINS INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 3,415,171 shares, worth $37,361,971.
- CARLSON CAPITAL L P: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 2,041,775 shares, worth $22,337,019.
- RENAISSANCE TECHNOLOGIES LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 1,106,465 shares, worth $12,104,727.
- PARALLAX VOLATILITY ADVISERS, LLC: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 891,712 shares, worth $9,755,329.
- PUBLIC EMPLOYEES RETIREMENT ASSOCIATION OF COLORADO: On 06/30/2011, held 0 shares. On 09/30/2011, held 821,040 shares, worth $8,982,178.
About the company: Host Hotels & Resorts Inc. is a real estate trust. The trust which owns or holds controlling interests in upscale and luxury full-service hotel lodging properties in areas that include Washington, D.C., Toronto and Calgary, Canada, Mexico City, Mexico and Santiago, Chile, as well as Italy, Spain, Poland, Belgium, The Netherlands and the United Kingdom.
Competitors to Watch: Ashford Hospitality Trust, Inc. (NYSE:AHT), MHI Hospitality Corp. (NASDAQ:MDH), Vornado Realty Trust (NYSE:VNO), American Assets Trust, Inc (NYSE:AAT), Boston Properties, Inc. (NYSE:BXP), Federal Realty Inv. Trust (NYSE:FRT), LaSalle Hotel Properties (NYSE:LHO), Strategic Hotels & Resorts Inc. (NYSE:BEE), DiamondRock Hospitality Co. (NYSE:DRH), and Chatham Lodging Trust (NYSE:CLDT).
(Note: Data regarding Host Hotels & Resorts Inc.’s stock holdings are sourced from whalewisdom.com. All data are assumed to be accurate.)
Improve Your 2011 Financial Health: Join the winning team of stock pickers with Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s acclaimed premium newsletter>>