Hot Morning Stocks July 6th
The following stocks are showing heavy trading volume in pre-market trading today:
- Marshall & Ilsley Corporation (NYSE:MI): Its trading volume is 152.39 million shares and its market capitalization is $4.19 billion. About the company: Marshall & Ilsley Corporation is a diversified financial services corporation with banking locations throughout Wisconsin. The Company has additional locations in Arizona, Nevada, Florida, and Minnesota. Marshall & Ilsley also provides trust and investment management, equipment leasing, mortgage banking, financial planning, investments, insurance services, and data processing. Competitors to Watch: PSB Hldgs. Inc (PSBQ), Associated Banc-Corp (NASDAQ:ASBC), TCF Financial Corporation (NYSE:TCB), First Business Financial Services Inc. (NASDAQ:FBIZ), Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC), Northern Trust Corporation (NASDAQ:NTRS), Bank of America Corp. (NYSE:BAC), Heartland Financial USA, Inc. (NASDAQ:HTLF), PrivateBancorp, Inc. (NASDAQ:PVTB), and Wintrust Financial Corp. (NASDAQ:WTFC)
- Nationwide Health Properties Inc (NYSE:NHP): Its trading volume is 18.84 million shares and its market capitalization is $5.37 billion. About the company: Nationwide Health Properties, Inc. is a real estate investment trust which invests primarily in health care related facilities and provides financing to health care providers. The Company has investments in long-term health care facilities, assisted living facilities, and rehabilitation hospitals.
- Frontier Oil Corporation (NYSE:FTO): Its trading volume is 9.23 million shares and its market capitalization is $3.44 billion. About the company: Frontier Oil Corporation conducts crude oil refining in the Rocky Mountain region of the United States. The Company sells refined products to a variety of independent retailers, jobbers, and major oil companies. Competitors to Watch: Holly Corporation (NYSE:HOC), Valero Energy Corporation (NYSE:VLO), Tesoro Corporation (NYSE:TSO), Sunoco, Inc. (NYSE:SUN), Alon USA Energy, Inc. (NYSE:ALJ), Delek US Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:DK), Western Refining, Inc. (NYSE:WNR), CVR Energy, Inc. (NYSE:CVI), Calumet Specialty Products Partners, L.P (NASDAQ:CLMT), and Murphy Oil Corporation (NYSE:MUR)
- SPDR S&P 500 ETF (NYSE:SPY): Its trading volume is 3.64 million shares and its market capitalization is $91.42 billion. About the company: SPDR S&P 500 ETF Trust is a unit investment trust incorporated in the United States. The Trust consists of a portfolio representing all 500 stocks in the S&P 500 Index.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals Int (NYSE:VRX): Its trading volume is 1.96 million shares and its market capitalization is $15.49 billion. About the company: Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. develops and distributes drugs. The Company develops drugs for unmet medical needs in central nervous system disorders; and distributes generic and branded generic drugs in Latin America and Eastern Europe.
- Bank of America Corporation (NYSE:BAC): Its trading volume is 1.90 million shares and its market capitalization is $111.46 billion. About the company: Bank of America Corporation accepts deposits and offers banking, investing, asset management, and other financial and risk-management products and services. The Company has a mortgage lending subsidiary, and an investment banking and securities brokerage subsidiary. Competitors to Watch: Citigroup (NYSE:C), Deutsche Bank (NYSE:DB), JPMorgan Chase (NYSE:JPM), HSBC (NYSE:HBC), Metlife (NYSE:MET), PNC (NYSE:PNC), U.S. Bancorp (NYSE:USB), Financials (NYSE:XLF) and Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE:WFC).
- ArcelorMittal (NYSE:MT): Its trading volume is 1.05 million shares and its market capitalization is $54.19 billion. About the company: ArcelorMittal produces steel. The Company manufactures cold rolled, electrogalvanized and coated steels, slabs, special quality bars, and wire rods. Arcelor Mittal has steel making operations in Europe, the Americas, Asia, and Africa.
- iShares FTSE/Xinhua China 25 Index (NYSE:FXI): Its trading volume is 1.02 million shares and its market capitalization is $7.85 billion. About the company: iShares FTSE/Xinhua China 25 Index Fund is an exchange traded fund incorporated in the USA. The Fund seeks investment results that correspond to the price and yield performance of the FTSE/Xinhua China 25 Index. The Fund invests 90% of its assets in the underlying index, which represents the performance of the largest companies in the China equity market.
- Vodafone Group Plc (NASDAQ:VOD): Its trading volume is 910,055 shares and its market capitalization is $137.75 billion. About the company: Vodafone Group Plc provides a range of mobile telecommunications services, including voice and data communications. Vodafone has equity interests in 28 countries and Partner Networks in a further 7 countries with almost all the Group’s mobile subsidiaries operating principally under the brand name Vodafone. In the United States their associated undertaking operates as Verizon Wireless. Competitors to Watch: AT&T, Inc. (NYSE:T), Qwest Communications International Inc. (NYSE:Q), Verizon (NYSE:VZ), MetroPCS (NYSE:PCS), Terremark (NASDAQ:TMRK), Qwest (NYSE:Q), CenturyLink (NYSE:CTL), NTELOS Holdings (NASDAQ:NTLS), Vodafone (NASDAQ:VOD), Leap Wireless (NASDAQ:LEAP), Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL), Nokia (NYSE:NOK), Research in Motion (NASDAQ:RIMM) and Sprint Nextel Corp. (NYSE:S).
- BP plc (NYSE:BP): Its trading volume is 892,932 shares and its market capitalization is $139.02 billion. BP plc is an oil and petrochemicals company. The Company explores for and produces oil and natural gas, refines, markets, and supplies petroleum products, generates solar energy, and manufactures and markets chemicals. BP’s chemicals include terephthalic acid, acetic acid, acrylonitrile, ethylene and polyethylene. Competitors to Watch: Chevron Corporation (NYSE:CVX), BP plc (NYSE:BP), ConocoPhillips (NYSE:COP), Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE:MRO), Hess Corp. (NYSE:HES), TOTAL S.A. (NYSE:TOT), Suncor Energy Inc. (NYSE:SU), Exxon Mobil (NYSE:XOM) and Petroleo Brasileiro SA (NYSE:PBR).
Get Actionable Investing Insights: Check Out Wall St. Cheat Sheet’s newest Feature Trades of the Month!