Hot Stock Price Movers on Wall Street June 10th
Following are some stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- Questcor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:QCOR): Up +6.94%. Questcor Pharmaceuticals, Inc. develops and commercializes novel central nervous system-focused therapeutics that address significant unmet medical needs. The Company’s primary product is a natural source adrenocorticotropic hormone indicated for the treatment of acute exacerbations of multiple sclerosis, as well as a number of other conditions.
- NxStage Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ:NXTM): Up +6.11%. NxStage Medical, Inc. is medical device company that develops, manufactures, and markets systems for the treatment of end-stage renal disease, or ESRD, and acute kidney failure. The Company’s primary product, the NxStage System One, is a small, portable hemodialysis system.
- Live Nation Entertainment, Inc. (NYSE:LYV): Up +6.02%. Live Nation Entertainment, Inc. produces live concerts and sells tickets to those events over the Internet. The Company also offers ticketing services for leading arenas, stadiums, professional sports franchises and leagues, college sports teams, performing arts venues, museums and theaters.
- MGIC Investment Corp. (NYSE:MTG): Up +5.92%. MGIC Investment Corporation, through its subsidiary, provides private mortgage insurance coverage in the United States. The Company’s customers include thrifts, mortgage bankers and brokers, commercial banks, credit unions, and other lending institutions. The Company also provides, through subsidiaries, underwriting and contract services related to home mortgage lending.
- Niska Gas Storage Partners LLC (NYSE:NKA): Up +5.48%. Niska Gas Storage Partners LLC is an independent owner and operator of natural gas storage assets in North America. The Company stores natural gas for a broad range of customers, including financial institutions, marketers, pipelines, power generators, utilities and producers of natural gas (NYSE:UNG).
- Diodes Incorporated (NASDAQ:DIOD): Down -13.71%. Diodes Incorporated manufactures, sells, and distributes discrete semiconductor devices to manufacturers in the automotive, computer, and telecommunications industries. The Company’s products include small signal transistors, transient voltage suppressors, zeners, Schottkys, diodes, rectifiers, and bridges. Competitors to Watch: ON Semiconductor Corp. (NASDAQ:ONNN), Fairchild Semicond. Intl. (NYSE:FCS), Alpha and Omega Semicond. Ltd (NASDAQ:AOSL), Microsemi Corporation (NASDAQ:MSCC), Vishay Intertechnology (NYSE:VSH), IXYS Corporation (NASDAQ:IXYS), Texas Instruments Inc. (NYSE:TXN), Intl. Rectifier Corp. (NYSE:IRF), Infineon Tech. AG (IFNNY), and National Semicond. Corp. (NYSE:NSM).
- RealD (NYSE:RLD): Down -13.17%. RealD Inc. is a global licensor of stereoscopic (three-dimensional), or 3D, technologies. The Company licenses its Cinema Systems to motion picture exhibitors that show 3D motion pictures and alternative 3D content. RealD also offers active and passive eyewear, and display and gaming technologies to consumer electronics manufacturers and content producers and distributors. Competitors to Watch: Ballantyne Strong, Inc. (AMEX:BTN), Avid Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ:AVID), IMAX Corporation (NASDAQ:IMAX), Chyron Corporation (NASDAQ:CHYR), Dolby Labs (NYSE:DLB), Best Buy (NYSE:BBY), Systemax (NYSE:SYX), Regal Entertainment (NYSE:RGC), Cinemark (NYSE:CNK), Carmike (NASDAQ:CKEC) and Digislide Holdings Ltd (NYSE:DGI).
- Plexus Corp. (NASDAQ:PLXS): Down -7.4%. Plexus Corp. is a participant in the Electronics Manufacturing Services (NYSE:EMS) Industry, providing product design,supply chain and materials management, manufacturing, test, fulfillment and aftermarket solutions to branded product companies in the Wireline/Networking, Wireless Infrastructure,Medical, Industrial/Commercial and Defense/Security/Aerospace market sectors.
- Cooper Tire & Rubber Company (NYSE:CTB): Down -7.11%. Cooper Tire & Rubber Company manufactures and markets replacement tires. The Company focuses on the manufacture and sale of passenger and light truck replacement tires. Cooper also manufactures radial medium truck tires and materials and equipment for the truck tire retread industry. Competitors to Watch: Bridgestone Corp. (BRDC), AutoZone (NYSE:AZO), CarMax (NYSE:KMX), General Motors (NYSE:GM), Ford (NYSE:F), Toyota (NYSE:TM) and Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. (NYSE:GT).
- Bank of Ireland (NYSE:IRE): Down -7.09%. The Governor and Company of the Bank of Ireland provides a range of banking, life insurance and other financial services to customers in Ireland and United Kingdom. Services include branch banking, personal and business loans, loan insurance, mortgages, foreign exchange, correspondent banking, credit cards and stockbroking.