Following are some stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- The Timberland Company (NYSE:TBL): Up +44.05%. The Timberland Company designs, develops, engineers, markets, and distributes footwear, apparel, and accessories for men, women, and children. The Company’s products are sold through independent retailers, department stores, and athletic stores, as well as Timberland specialty stores and factory outlets. Timberland’s products are sold in the United States and internationally. Competitors to Watch: Big five Sporting Goods Corp. (NASDAQ:BGFV), Golfsmith Intl. Hldgs., Inc. (NASDAQ:GOLF), Hibbett Sports, Inc. (NASDAQ:HIBB), Cabela’s Incorporated (NYSE:CAB), Sport Chalet, Inc. (NASDAQ:SPCHA), Dover Saddlery, Inc. (NASDAQ:DOVR), Winmark Corporation (NASDAQ:WINA), Deckers Outdoors (NASDAQ:DECK), Nike (NYSE:NKE), Dick’s Sporting Goods (NYSE:DKS) and Sports Direct Intl. Plc (NYSE:SPD).
- Graham Packaging Company Inc (NYSE:GRM): Up +16.77%. Graham Packaging Co Inc., designs, manufactures, and sells customized blow molded plastic containers. The Company serves the branded food and beverage, household and personal care, and automotive lubricants markets through plants located throughout North America.
- Insmed Inc. (NASDAQ:INSM): Up 12.20%. Insmed continues to remain a highly speculative takeover target in the healthcare sector. Insmed Incorporated is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of innovative inhaled pharmaceuticals for the site-specific treatment of serious lung diseases, and has a proprietary protein platform aimed at niche markets with unmet medical need. Insmed’s primary focus is on the development of inhaled antibiotic therapy delivered via proprietary advanced pulmonary liposome technology in areas of high unmet need in lung diseases. Competitors to Watch: Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE), Bristol Myers Squibb Co. (NYSE:BMY), Cephalon, Inc. (NASDAQ:CEPH), AVI BioPharma, Inc. (NASDAQ:AVII), Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE:MRK), Roche Holding Ltd. (RHHBY), Eli Lilly & Co. (NYSE:LLY), Amgen, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMGN), Abbott Laboratories (NYSE:ABT), and Array BioPharma Inc. (NASDAQ:ARRY).
- V.F. Corporation (NYSE:VFC): Up +10.03%. VF Corporation is an international apparel company. The Company owns a broad portfolio of brands in the jeanswear, outerwear, packs, footwear, sportswear and occupational apparel categories. VF Corp’s products are marketed to consumers shopping in specialty stores, upscale and traditional department stores, national chains and mass merchants. Competitors to Watch: Gap (NYSE:GPS), Sears Holdings (NASDAQ:SHLD), Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT), Target (NYSE:TGT), Urban Outfitters (NASDAQ:URBN), Abercrombie & Fitch (NYSE:ANF), American Eagle Outfitters (NYSE:AEO), Aeropostale (NYSE:ARO), J.C. Penney (NYSE:JCP), Saks (NYSE:SKS), Macy’s (NYSE:M), Dillard’s (NYSE:DDS), Nordstrom (NYSE:JWN), True Religion Apparel, Inc. (NASDAQ:TRLG), Cherokee Inc. (NASDAQ:CHKE), and The Warnaco Group, Inc. (NYSE:WRC).
- Transatlantic Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:TRH): Up +9.5%. Transatlantic Holdings, Inc. is an international reinsurance organization. The Company’s subsidiaries provide reinsurance on a treaty and facultative basis around the world. Transatlantic structures traditional and non-traditional programs for a full range of property and casualty products, with an emphasis on specialty risks.
- Youku.com Inc (NYSE:YOKU): Down -14.47%. Youku.com Inc. is an Internet television company. The Company’s Internet television platform enables consumers to search, view and share video content quickly and easily across multiple devices in the People’s Republic of China. Competitors to Watch: SINA Corporation (NASDAQ:SINA), Sohu.com Inc. (NASDAQ:SOHU), Baidu.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:BIDU), Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG) and NetEase.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:NTES).
- Renren Inc (NYSE:RENN): Down -14.44%. Renren, Inc. operates an Internet website. The Company operates a real-time social networking website that offers users the ability to communicate, share information and user-generated content, play online games, listen to music, shop for deals, and use other services.
- First Majestic Silver Corp. Ordinary Shares (NYSE:AG): Down -8.14%. First Majestic Silver Corp. is a silver producing mining company. The Company’s presently owns and operates producing silver mines in Mexico; the La Parrilla Silver Mine, the San Martin Silver Mine and the La Encantada Silver Mine.
- Gold Resource Corporation (AMEX:GORO): Down -7.69%. Gold Resource Corporation explores for gold and other precious metals. The Company currently holds interest in properties in Mexico.
- Fairchild Semiconductor International (NYSE:FCS): Down -7.67%. Fairchild Semiconductor International, Inc., is a global supplier of high performance products that minimize, convert, manage and distribute power for multiple end markets. The Company’s focus is on developing power and interface solutions for a broad range of electronic devices. Fairchild Semiconductor components are used in computing, communications, and other applications. Competitors to Watch: Texas Instruments Inc. (NYSE:TXN), Analog Devices, Inc. (NYSE:ADI), Intersil Corporation (NASDAQ:ISIL), Linear Technology Corp. (NASDAQ:LLTC), ON Semiconductor Corp. (NASDAQ:ONNN), Maxim Integrated Products Inc. (NASDAQ:MXIM), STMicroelectronics N.V. (NYSE:STM), National Semiconductor (NYSE:NSM), Intel (NASDAQ:INTC), Micrel, Incorporated (NASDAQ:MCRL), and Semtech Corporation (NASDAQ:SMTC).