Hot Stock Price Movers on Wall Street June 9th
Following are some stocks showing big percentage moves on our trading screens:
- Tempur-Pedic International Inc. (NYSE:TPX): Up +9.08%. Tempur-Pedic International Inc., through its primary subsidiary Tempur World, manufactures and markets foam mattresses, pillows, and miscellaneous products under the Tempur-Pedic and other brand names.
- AMERCO (NASDAQ:UHAL): Up +8.02%. AMERCO is the holding company for U-Haul International, Inc., Amerco Real Estate Company, Republic Western Insurance Company, and Oxford Life Insurance Company. The Company, through its subsidiaries, offers rental of trucks, trailers, and self storage space, as well as property and casualty insurance and life insurance products. Competitors to Watch: Avis Budget Group Inc. (NYSE:CAR), Zipcar Inc (NASDAQ:ZIP), Ryder System, Inc. (NYSE:R), Express-1 Expedited Solutions Inc. (AMEX:XPO), Hertz Global Hldgs., Inc. (NYSE:HTZ), Landstar System, Inc. (NASDAQ:LSTR), Dollar Thrifty (NYSE:DTG), Penske (NYSE:PAG), Priceline.com (NASDAQ:PCLN), Patriot Transportation Holding, Inc. (NASDAQ:PATR).
- Ormat Technologies, Inc. (NYSE:ORA): Up +7.59%. Ormat Technologies Inc. designs, develops, builds, owns and operates geothermal power plants. The Company also designs, develops, and seeks to own and operate, recovered energy-based power plants using equipment that it designs and manufactures.
- Intrepid Potash, Inc. (NYSE:IPI): Up +7.25%. Intrepid Potash, Inc. mines and markets potash for use as a fertilizer. The Company also markets langbeinite.
- Niska Gas Storage Partners LLC (NYSE:NKA): Up +6.67%. Niska Gas Storage Partners LLC is an independent owner and operator of natural gas storage assets in North America. The Company stores natural gas for a broad range of customers, including financial institutions, marketers, pipelines, power generators, utilities and producers of natural gas (NYSE:UNG).
- Renren Inc (NYSE:RENN): Down -12.75%. Renren, Inc. operates an Internet website. The Company operates a real-time social networking website that offers users the ability to communicate, share information and user-generated content, play online games, listen to music, shop for deals, and use other services.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated (NASDAQ:VRTX): Down -9.54%. Vertex Pharmaceuticals Incorporated discovers, develops, and commercializes novel, small molecule pharmaceuticals for the treatment of diseases for which there are currently limited or no effective treatments. The Company is developing drugs for the treatment of viral diseases, multidrug resistance in cancer, inflammatory and autoimmune diseases, and neurodegenerative diseases. Competitors to Watch: Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE:MRK), Johnson & Johnson (NYSE:JNJ), GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE:GSK), InterMune, Inc. (NASDAQ:ITMN), Gilead Sciences, Inc. (NASDAQ:GILD), Pharmasset, Inc. (NASDAQ:VRUS), Idenix Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ:IDIX), Bristol Myers Squibb Co. (NYSE:BMY), Abbott Laboratories (NYSE:ABT), and Human Genome Sciences (NASDAQ:HGSI)
- Ciena Corporation (NASDAQ:CIEN): Down -6.36%. Ciena Corporation develops and markets communications network platforms and software, and offers professional services. The Company’s broadband access, data and optical networking platforms, software tools, and global network services support worldwide telecom and cable/MSO services providers, and enterprise and government networks. Competitors to Watch: Tellabs, Inc. (NASDAQ:TLAB), Alcatel-Lucent (NYSE:ALU), Cisco Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSCO), ADTRAN, Inc. (NASDAQ:ADTN), Sycamore Networks, Inc. (NASDAQ:SCMR), Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson (NASDAQ:ERIC), Orckit Communications Ltd (NASDAQ:ORCT), Juniper Networks, Inc. (NYSE:JNPR), Infinera Corp. (NASDAQ:INFN), and JDS Uniphase Corporation (NASDAQ:JDSU).
- SINA Corporation (NASDAQ:SINA): Down -6.06%. SINA Corporation is a global Internet media company operating Chinese-language destination sites. The Company offers a network of branded content and services targeting people of Chinese descent worldwide. SINA.com offers online news, entertainment, community, and commerce through web sites that are produced and updated by local teams in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, and North America. Competitors to Watch: Sohu.com Inc. (NASDAQ:SOHU), Baidu.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:BIDU), Google Inc. (NASDAQ:GOOG), Yahoo! Inc. (NASDAQ:YHOO), NetEase.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:NTES), Youku.com Inc (NYSE:YOKU), Shanda Interactive Entertainment Ltd ADR (NASDAQ:SNDA), Rediff.com India Ltd. (NASDAQ:REDF), and AOL, Inc. (NYSE:AOL)
- IMAX Corporation (NYSE:IMAX): Down -5.31%. Imax Corporation designs and manufactures projection and sound systems for giant-screen theaters and designs custom attractions, including motion simulation theaters, for both large-scale attractions and smaller venues. The Company also manufactures digital image delivery systems in the form of digital projectors.